Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Now TV!
  • jon1973
    Free Member

Anyone use it?

I was tempted to try it out on the free trial. The Entertainment Package for £4.99 / month looked OK for boxsets etc. but also seems to give you access to live TV from Sky1, Sky Atlantic, Gold etc We’re on free-view, so this doesn’t seem too bad assuming that you have the same access to those channels as you would if it was part of your TV package. Is that the case?

Also, if you then add on the Movies (£8.99 I think). As well as the streaming, they mention you get to watch live movies on The Sky movie channels? Does that mean you get the same access as someone who subscribes to all the movie channels through their TV package?

We currently use LF but they seem to be moving towards a pay-per-view model, with only the oldest film free. Also, I suspect they DVD rental service will be phased out in favour of PPV as some point.

singletrackstinker
    Free Member

I use it on my you view box.

Film choice is ok but when compared against something like Sky Store (which is rental only) it doesn’t compare. This months ‘latest releases’ include fast and furious 6 😐

You might want to compare the service against Netflix if you can get both cheap/free for the first month. Biggest draw to peel off from Now TV to Netflix (for me) are the box sets which are available on Netflix and not Now TV.

I didn’t know about the streaming live movies as that’s not a function available on the you view box. Whether that makes it worth £8.99 a month is debatable and would depend on what sky movies is showing.

There’s also the argument to say that you buy for a month and watch everything you’re interested in then cancel the service for a few months before reinstating it and watching what you’re interested in. Bit of faff but would probably keep it feeling more fresh.

thetallpaul
    Free Member

I’ve used the Movies pack from whenever they released the PS3 app.
    Movies available are those currently doing the rounds on the Sky Movies channels. I don’t think you get access to the On Demand channel movies (may be wrong though).
    I keep an eye of Sky Movies Premier to see what film are coming up.
    Generally it works well on our 8MB (max) broadband connection, with occasional stuttering.
    Swapped from Netflix as I’d virtually exhausted the movie selection that I’d watch.
    Not looked at the Sports or entertainment packs.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jon1973
    Free Member

Thanks guys –

This was the bit I saw about the ‘live’ movies – it’s kind of implies you have access to the ‘live-to-air’ Sky movie channels.. I may have totally misunderstood it though / or it may be an additional subscription.

http://watch.nowtv.com/movies/livemovies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Now TV!’ is closed to new replies.