Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)
  • Now THIS is a relationship dilemma…..
  • MoreCashThanDash

So, the lovely MrsMC was putting on her favourite dress this morning, but couldn’t do the zip up, so I was summoned to do it for her.

Unfortunately, even my appliance of brute force and ignorance could not get the zip more than half way up.

A quick experiment with the dress off showed that the problem was not the zip, which did up fine. Dress back on again, tried again, but the zip refused to do up. At which point I was sent out to work as the problem was clearly the tool operating the zip. 🙄

Now, on a more serious note, just supposing, hypothetically, that the problem is neither me nor the zip, how do I delicately raise the subject that, dresses aside, for someone with a family history of Type 2 diabetes, other causes of the now ill fitting dress might need to be considered and addressed?

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Beep, beep, beep, reverse away from this conversation,

Beep, beep, beep, reverse away from this conversation!

weeksy

I find “well maybe it’s all the chocolate ice cream you’ve been eating” works really well.

Or “i still love you even though you’re fatter now”

She’s a lucky girl is Mrs Weeksy 🙂

boblo
    Free Member

Silence is the best policy or there will be no ‘pudding’ for the next millenia…

tomhoward

Blame mrs mctd.

No, not for her hyperactive pie arm, but for washing the dress on too hot a setting, causing it to shrink, obvs….

mattyfez

mechanicaldope

Silence is the best policy or there will be no ‘pudding’ for the next millenia…

Or what little pudding there is will be low fat, sugar free and disgusting.

Edit: ah… I see you mean sex…

allthegear
    Free Member

Nothing you can say or do is going to be taken well, here.

Rachel

Pigface
    Free Member

Run, run away now, run very very fast and don’t stop.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Clearly, the dress has shrunk in the wash. 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

Just tell her’s packed it on a bit and you’re tired of finding sweet wrappers in the bed.

I’m single, btw.

kerley
    Free Member

I just tell my wife that she has put on weight, she just tells me to **** off and she will eat what she wants to.

We then continue to go about our ways.

chipster

Don’t go there. Your opinion isn’t required.
    HTH.

fanatic278
    Free Member

It’s not humanly possible to address this issue and not get put in the dog house.

Being subtle never works, because they immediately pick up on it anyway. And then you are perceived as being snide.

Being open and honest doesn’t work because then you are accused of being brutal and mysoginistic.

Whatever way you play this will see your ‘pudding’ rights withdrawn.

onehundredthidiot

Assuming you are both adult and have an honest and supportive relationship where truths can be told.

Nothing say nothing, pretend it didn’t happen, time for a bit of double think.

dumbbot
    Free Member

Have an affair, that’ll learn her.

newrobdob
    Free Member

Run away, preferably in a zig zag pattern, and don’t look back.

Unfortunately saying anything will be bad, and saying nothing will be bad. You have lost.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

You can tip-toe or run, but banning sex until the weighing scales have a smile on their face is the only way forward.

You might even make a little smiley sticker and affix to scales, thereby showing the ‘happy weight’ 😀

Caution: This could will likely end in her having an affair with fetishist and actually gaining more weight.

*Edit, on second thoughts, simply take more ‘family photos’ over the next few weeks. Nothing sends me to salad more quickly than a recent snapshot. Extra tip: when taking pics try and get her on the edge of the frame for wide-angle emphasis. So if, for instance, you ask a passer-by to take a snap of the pair of you, try and get her on the outside of the scene. ie if you stand next to an objet (ie sculpture/MIL/’Barometer Museum’ sign etc etc) make sure that she stands next to you on the outside edge, not between you and the objet. Social media is your friend here.

stevied
    Free Member

Does her bum look big in the dress? 😀

martinhutch

showing the ‘happy weight’

Also showing your unhappy wait.

At least the OP can run away. My missus asked me if she had a smaller behind than her sister the other day. That’s my definition of a no-win scenario. 🙂

scaredypants

Run away, preferably in a zig zag pattern, and don’t look back.

to be fair, running may not be necessary; a stroll should see you building a decent lead

jimdubleyou

The only way you’re getting any pudding is going to involve shopping.

darrell
    Free Member

buy her a spinning bike as a subtle hint

a mate of mine did this and survived the fallout

Wookster
    Jamie
    Free Member

Now I think about it, the OP probably has enough information online where he could be identified. So might be easier to send the missus a link to this thread?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Does this make me look fat? No love, your fat makes you look fat.

That’ll learn her.

ninfan
    Free Member

Time to change her ringtone

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GFDzQD-LR80[/video]

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/F6fQnTyEniM[/video]

perchypanther
    Free Member

4130s0ul
    Free Member

Whichever option you choose, it was nice knowing you

FuzzyWuzzy

I got the blame last week for my GF’s latest dress acquisition not zipping up (there was like a 150 degree angle between the zip sides), she’s still in denial and hasn’t sent it back yet…

craigxxl
    Free Member

If you have kids, then you require their bluntness in something like “Mummy, you looked nice in that dress before you got fat”. Of course this will all be said whilst you’re out of the room, taking cover like a coward.

nwmlarge
    Free Member

simple solution is that dress is broken, if you want your nose to remain unbroken I would take her out shopping for a new one, and book a nice restaurant.

theotherjonv

to be fair, running may not be necessary; a stroll should see you building a decent lead

Can you use a Vax on a keyboard, mine’s got that much coffee in it?

cranberry
    Free Member

“sweetheart, it seems neither of us is strong enough to pull up this accursed zip. Perhaps we should both go down to the gym several times a week for a few weeks and see if between us we can’t find the strength to beat this thing.”

Rich_s

Age – weight – hair

Three things you must never discuss.

councilof10
    Free Member

Put a padlock on the fridge.

DezB
    Free Member

Age – weight – hair

Three things you must never discuss.

Oh! I understand now – the zip was getting caught in her back hair?

DrP

Do the kind thing and buy her a dress 2 sizes bigger.
    But a different dress.
    Then tell her you fixed the ‘zip situation’

HTH.

DrP

maccruiskeen

If you have kids,

What you need is an elderly female relative who’s half deaf and a large family gathering.

My pals gran once conspiratorially shouted in my ear “DON’T GET FAT LIKE YOUR DAD!” in my ear for the whole gathering to hear, including my dad who was stood right next to me.

(Later she could be heard ‘muttering’ to herself ‘if I’d known about oral sex before I got married I’d have never gotten married’)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Now THIS is a relationship dilemma…..’ is closed to new replies.