Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Now THIS is a FATbike
  • shermer75
    Free Member

Nice!

andyl
    Free Member

about time. Been saying for years that fat bikes should be made out of carbon. They need to do the wheels too.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fasthaggis

24.25lb/11kg (with pedals)

😯

Diet Fatbike 🙂

swavis

Nice but I prefer the look of alu’ Beargrease. Also looks like they’ve tried too hard to copy a Niner fork.

If any type of bicycle was crying out for a stiffer, more secure axle interface it’s fat bikes. Massive tires and wide rims place a lot of leverage on traditional quick-release skewers.

And I disagree with that statement entirely, I’ve never felt any flex either in the fork or wheels with a 4″ tyre squirming around under the rim.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Want.

Pigface
    Free Member

Its an arms race 😆

maxtorque

Cable operated discs? Why?

aa
    Free Member

that is awesome,
    it looks just right.

AlexSimon

Did anyone notice the bit at the bottom where they say they’re pushing on with plans for the full sus fat bike.

There’s far too many great bikes I’d like to try out!

patriotpro
    Free Member

Did anyone notice the bit at the bottom where they say they’re pushing on with plans for the full sus fat bike.

Yep, sounds mental in a good way

Sanny
    Free Member

The alu Beargrease is an awesome bike. If you are a premier user, I penned a review on the front page.

Would I want a carbon one? To be honest, the Beargrease is already a very light bike such that I’m using it for general riding and don’t feel the need to lighten it up. If I did, I’d be opting for XTR as my experience of the new ten speed SRAM kit is that it doesn’t have the longevity of Shimano kit. Shame about the press fit bb on the carbon frame. I’m gradually growing to really dislike press fits. I can’t say I notice any increase in stiffness over an old square taper design while the bearings seem to last an even shorter time than ISIS <shudder>. 😯

Of course, I’ll still want to try riding one 😀

Cheers

Sanny

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

I’d like to try a Fat bike… but they’re so damm expensive for what you get.

Just because it’s got 3″ tyres you want me to pay £2000+ for a rigid MTB? Riiight.

Pigface
    Free Member

The areas where they get the most use snow/sand, beach, salt water not good for hydraulic discs.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

God, thats nearly as fugly as the Carbon 456…. 😯

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Just because it’s got 3″ tyres you want me to pay £2000+ for a rigid MTB? Riiight.

Guess you’ve not really looked into the prices then??

Tim does a rather nice 9:ZERO:7 for about £1700 IIRC, and the One-One Fatty is £1k.

But yeah, for the amount of fun they are, they are well worth the money IMHO.

brakes
    Free Member

is there are minimum wheel/ rim size or tyre width that denotes a fat bike?

Aidan
    Free Member

Pigface – Member
    The areas where they get the most use snow/sand, beach, salt water not good for hydraulic discs.

And also hydraulic brakes don’t like very cold temperatures.

Definitely wouldn’t be a bike for me, but it’s good to see Salsa taking fat bikes somewhere new.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

OMG!! I actually WANT that
    ..and I normally find FatBikes a bit silly, odd and unnecessary, somewhat like getting returning from the beach with a sandy nob…

Jeeezuuus. It looks like it would actually munch literally anything for breakfast, lunch and tea… wowsers

D0NK

first fat bike that I like the look of, doubt I’d appreciate the pricetag tho.

scotroutes

4″ actually.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I love it.

swavis

4″ actually.

Would it not be 3.7″ as that’s what the Endomorph was?

scotroutes

TBH – I’m sure it actually said 4″ on the rubber 🙂

mickolas
    Free Member

maxtorque – Member

I’d suggest perhaps because it’s a prototype and they are playing with routing/cable length and don’t want the fuss of bleeding the bleeding things.

after all, on-one’s fatty is about as cheap as you can get and it uses hydraulic discs. if there were a good excuse to save a few quid, wouldn’t they be doing it?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

swavis – Member
    4″ actually.
    Would it not be 3.7″ as that’s what the Endomorph was?

Well, I’ve just put my 3.8″ summer tyres on…

🙂

swavis

I’m hoping to receive a knard in the post tomorrow from CTBM, it’ll hopefully roll a bit better than a Nate which will be helpful at 10 UTB this weekend 😀

motorman
    Free Member

Knards are teh awesums for summer on the rear…really nice tyre

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Now THIS is a FATbike’ is closed to new replies.