Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Now that's what I call trail maintenance!
  • ThePinkster

A couple of us went for a quick blast around the follow the Dog trail on the Chase yesterday and were very surprised as to how dry the trails were, especially considering the recent weather events. Only saw one puddle the whole way round and that was on a bit of forest road rather than the trails themselves.

After the ride we were wandering around the bike shop and overheard part of a conversation…

“…oh yeah, they’ve sent a guy out with a leaf blower to blast the water out of all the puddles….” 😆

What a brilliant idea, bet it helps with a lot of the trail erosion around there.

emac65
    Free Member

Yeah,a couple of blokes have been doing this for a fair bit now & it’s made a HUGE difference on the trails.Big up to ’em ! !

They just need to do all the off piste stuff now 😉

ThePinkster

😆

They must be pretty damn busy at the moment.

Pook

Why not just point the leaf blowers up in the sky when it rains?

jekkyl

I agree, I was up Cannock yesterday too and the bike came away with only a bit of mud attached, almost dusty. Had a great time too.

Northwind

That’s class. We spent a morning up spooky woods one time with brushes and shovels cleaning up all the marbles, never had so much good feedback from a trail session- maybe we need to branch out!

honourablegeorge

Wish I only had puddles to worry about. Spent yesterday clearing massive downed trees – lifting massive logs, feel it this morning.

emac65
    Free Member

They had trees down all over the place the week before,big buggers too..Cannock Chase is getting it’s act together !

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Now that's what I call trail maintenance!’ is closed to new replies.