Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • now thats what i call a cycle lane
  • BobaFatt
    Free Member

in San Francisco

highclimber
    Free Member

does it continue after the junction or does it do what most bike lanes in britain do: stop in the middle of nowhere?

Junkyard
    Free Member

BobaFatt
    Free Member

does it continue after the junction or does it do what most bike lanes in britain do: stop in the middle of nowhere?

no idea, found it on Timbuk2 blog, nice to see a place that actually takes cycling seriously

molgrips
    Free Member

Best cycle lane I saw was in France somewhere, it was a complete mini-road with white line, junction markings and all about 20 yards away from the main road. It even deviated and disappeared off somewhere making its own way to where it was going. That's what cycleways should be 🙂

singletrackhor
    Free Member

didnt know cows could cycle 🙂

GrahamS

Appears to stop at the junction and might have a car parked across it. Ideal 😀

-m-
    Free Member

didnt know cows could cycle

It's good for their calves…

theflatboy
    Free Member

i went out for a spin earlier on and ended up on a cycle lane near shoreditch. it led me onto the middle of a pedestrian expanse – a very wide bit of pavement – and then stopped, leading me to either have to get off or break the law to get back to the road. 😆

loulouk
    Free Member

Who's job is it to design cycleways? I've always wondered that. No plans to write letters attaching photos of local hilarities or anything, you understand.

tiger_roach
    Free Member

I think it was in Shanghai where I saw cycle lanes separated from the main road by a barrier; shame cycling is becoming less popular there.

thomthumb
    Free Member

Who's job is it to design cycleways?

highyways engineer in the highyways dept at the local council

el_creedo
    Free Member

Come to Exeter – you can get around most of the city on either dedicated routes, or cycle paths that are on the footpath, rather than a thin green strip of road.
    You can ride into/out of the city along the river on a huge wide cycles-only path, with a seperate footpath (still get numpty dog walkers strolling in it at times though) about 6 ft away. It's ace! Plus, it goes past 2 cracking pubs…!
    http://www.cycleexeter.org.uk/index.html

highclimber
    Free Member

Who's job is it to design cycleways? I've always wondered that.

A non-cyclist!

psychle
    Free Member

i went out for a spin earlier on and ended up on a cycle lane near shoreditch. it led me onto the middle of a pedestrian expanse – a very wide bit of pavement – and then stopped, leading me to either have to get off or break the law to get back to the road

Bet I know exactly where that one is… Pitfield St/Old St/Great Eastern St intersection perchance?

theflatboy
    Free Member

haha, excellent knowledge – spot on!

Coffeeking – I bet that gets windy at times? I ride along the side of the ship canal, and that can have a bit of a headwind!

Mackem

We´ve got some damn good ones in the Basque country. The province of Guipuzkoa have plans to link every town and village with a bike lane, and they arent just bits of road separated by paint.

http://www.donostia.org/home.nsf/0/8E782F45AD2227AFC125760A00378468?OpenDocument&idioma=cas

coffeeking
    Free Member

MMTM – yup, certainly did – some days the headwind would knock 4-5mph from our average – soul destroying, and always seems to be a headwind too! Morning from the west, evening from the east, nightmare!

holly
    Free Member

Best one I saw was in Holland, was 2 foot wide and the canal was on ur right…ekkkk
    Could be tricky overtaking lol

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘now thats what i call a cycle lane’ is closed to new replies.