Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Now that made me laugh
  • Pigface
    Free Member

In work just now and the conversation is about putting oil in cars. One of the girls says “I have this oil and it is going to waste” “why” I asked,

“it is for a Peugeot”

so you cant put it in a Ford?

the reply has me weeping, “Are you stupid, you cant put Peugeot oil in a Ford” 😆

scaredypants

tell her about shimano brakes

Northwind

Did you check all the specs and make sure it meets Ford’s standard?

wwaswas

Did you check all the specs and make sure it meets Ford’s standard?

That was my first thought 🙂

slowoldman

Is one a diesel and the other petrol?

dannybgoode

Reminds me of a conversation with a girl on my team when I was a call centre monkey.

This girl shouts me over and asks ‘Danny, can you help me with the fax machine – its not working’

Me – ‘Why whats wrong?’

Girl – ‘I’m trying to send this fax to a customer but its not sending’

Me – ‘Looks ok to me – you’ve got an OK transmission report’

Girl – ‘But look – I’ve still got the original’

Me – ‘ So… Wait – you mean you think that the fax machine will somehow send the actual paper through the phone line? Oh, you do…’

johndoh
    Free Member

Listening to an old radio in the office (1950s valve thing)

Girl: How does that get Radio 1?

Me: It’s a radio.

Girl: Ohh, I thought it would only be able to pick up old radio stations.

Scapegoat

A new face in our office once asked how he sent some money to another department after someone came in and paid £17.50 outstanding with a twenty pound note. I sarcastically told him to fax it, and he asked how he would do that. This was in the days before scanners, so I told him to photocopy it and fax it to the internal number, but to make sure he sent the original note from the petty cash tin. He duly did, and five minutes later the other department faxed him the change. 😀

DrP

I’d actually echo her comments.
    Our VAG engine is quite specific about what oils can and can’t go in it, dependant on the service schedule.
    Plus diesel vs petrol…

Maybe she’s not the daft one, eh 😉

DrP

Pigface
    Free Member

Sorry both vehicles are diesels. If anyone actually reads the specs on oil then jeez, get a life you saddo 😆

Cue all sorts of smart alekry about synthetic non synthetic, oil weights, viscocity etc etc etc 😉

wwaswas

smart alekry about synthetic non synthetic, oil weights, viscocity

I can’t see that wanting to make sure the most important mechanical component in your car continues to run efficiently is being a smart alek?

Do you lube your bicycle chain with the vegetable oil out the kitchen – “It’s all just oil”?

DrP

Sorry both vehicles are diesels. If anyone actually reads the specs on oil then jeez, get a life you saddo

Cue all sorts of smart alekry about synthetic non synthetic, oil weights, viscocity etc etc etc

I think you and WCA should set up an ‘online oil advisory service’…
    He managed to blow a pretty indestructible engine via oil related shenanigans!

DrP

Pigface
    Free Member

“It’s all just oil”?

I thought I would baste the chain with Sesame seed oil, after all it’s all just oil right 😉

thetallpaul
    Free Member

I thought I would baste the chain with Sesame seed oil, after all it’s all just oil right

Na, you should use rape seed oil. It has a higher burning temperature 😛

edhornby

I know a lad who went to catering college with a really gullible lass, she was about to panfry some whitebait, he looks at her and points ‘have you filleted those ??’

‘No!!’ she gets a paring knife and is trying to top and tail whitebait and get the guts out….

ingwerfuchs
    Free Member

Young girl in the office once asked “if food goes down your food hole, and drink goes down your drink hole, which one does soup go down”?

Not sure she paid much attention at school tbh…

boblo
    Free Member

He duly did, and five minutes later the other department faxed him the change.

This bit made me laugh 🙂

maccruiskeen

I’d actually echo her comments.

So would I, some engines have very specific oil requirements. A lot of the horror stories surrounding the little cit/pug turbo failures is the result of (smart arse) garages putting nearly the right oil in and nearly not being good enough – oil for those engine is to-the-letter specific. To save having to trawl through the minutiae some suppliers label oil as Citroen/Peugeot specific. Although those engines are common with some fords the oil specs are not common with all similar engines.

kraftyone
    Free Member

Yesterday, we were discussing what equipment we’d need for the following day and one of our site lads actually said “we will have to find out where we can plug the generator in”, i glanced over assuming he was taking the piss… seems not, so I quickly informed him he’d have to park his van up nice and close and plug it into the cigarette lighter, adding that one day someone should invent a generator that runs on fuel. Might take him a few years to live that one down!

cheese@4p

Tut. girls eh?

Lazgoat
    Free Member

A colleague of mine was counting up the number of deals she’d closed earlier this month. She’d done 9. She declared triumphantly, “ah, finally into double figures!”
    Double figures? How? I questioned
    Well “5 plus 4 is 9. Double figures!”
    She was deadly serious too.

cakefacesmallblock

Same goes for coolant. Some engines are very specific in requirement.

bikemike1968
    Free Member

I once worked with a girl who genuinely thought that the sun and the moon were the same thing, just dimmer at night.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

You had to bring it up, didn’t you DrP. I am still upset over losing that car.

I am getting better, I changed the diff oil in the Barchetta just the other day

And replaced it with BMW LSD Specific diff oil!

Brainflex

There is water in that oil!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

There was all sorts of crap in that oil.

BMW ‘life time oil’ that hadn’t been changed since new. 124,000 miles ago. A lot quieter and smoother now.

Planning on replacing the ‘lifetime’ oil in the auto box this weekend

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Now that made me laugh’ is closed to new replies.