Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Now snowing pretty heavy in Balham SW London.
  • steelfan
    Free Member

Settling on the backstreets but not sure how long it will last.

GJP
    Free Member

Just stopped in Teddington/Kingston area. About 1/2 inch outside at the moment

Drac

Snow in London, that means a natural disaster will be declared.

Spud

Indeed, send all grit from the north to help out!

mudshark
    Free Member

I'm working from home tomorrow – hope my boss is OK about that…no way I'm driving from Leatherhead to Rickmansworth – doubt I'll get out of my road as my road won't get gritted. Had to abandon back in Feb when thought I'd make it through the 10 inches we had then.

bikerbruce
    Free Member

apparently Jay wyne aka….mr weather on the beeb suggested 40cm…This means baisically from hence forth britain wil grind to a halt til the last bit of snow has melted in the capital.

brakes
    Free Member

I'm supposed to be getting a train from St Pancras to Nottingham at 6am 😯

Flaperon

Came from Devon to Luton this evening, now writing from the Holiday Inn on the airport. Runway is closed due to snow, fortunately I'm not actually flying from here tomorrow! Have to get back to Devon tomorrow evening though which is going to be fun…

naokfreek
    Free Member

Bakes…….. Very doubtful.

bananaworld
    Free Member

Hey Steelfan, if your work is snowed off tommorow, fancy a snowy ride on a common somewhere…? (ooh er)

grantway
    Free Member

Yep the Snow is giving it some in East Ham East London

algarvebairn
    Free Member

The PM will be hastily assembling his snow cabinet and declaring a state of emergency in the morning!

CTML
    Free Member

Bananaworld! were you serious about the ride tomorrow? its been a while mate! I need to get into central tomorrow morn but will probably be free in the afternoon if you are up for it. Looks like i'll be riding the mountain bike all day 😆

dyna-ti

Makes the muggers easier to see 😉

steelfan
    Free Member

Would love to Bananaworld but I'm working inside today and the there is only a light covering of snow. It must have stopped soon after I went to bed

andyruss
    Free Member

Watching the BBC news,one night of snow down south and its the end of the world.For gods sake deal with it 😐

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Watching the BBC news,one night of snow down south and its the end of the world.For gods sake deal with it

S'alright, we've had to put up with the notherners grizzling like babies yesterday, now it's out turn!

FWIW (And I'm a Midlander living darn sarf) I rode in this morning. 7.5 miles of snow! Cooooooooool! 😀

uplink
    Free Member

S'alright, we've had to put up with the notherners grizzling like babies yesterday, now it's out turn

what do you mean?
    We've had it since the 17th Dec not just yesterday 🙂

wwaswas

raining(ish) in Hove.

Lardy_biker
    Free Member

Charlton to paddington this morning with very little snow or fuss through the capital. No bothers really. 40cm, more like 40mm. Bah.

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Yorkshire bloke here, some of the roads round Huddersfield are pretty bad but main routes seem good.

Leeds will be a nighmare cos of the volume of traffic and I think this is the main problem with London.

Heavy volume of slow moving traffic and you only need a handfull of cars that can't shift to bring the whole system to a halt.

I do have some sympathy for city drivers due to the above.

uplink
    Free Member

Here's a quiz for you

We have 6 offices

Aberdeen
    Edinburgh
    Manchester
    Guildford
    Belfast
    Dublin

Only one of those offices has announced it can't open for the day due to the weather this winter
    Can you guess which one?

A clue – the same office was the only one to loose a day last winter too

DudleyPoyson
    Free Member

bugger all snow in Victoria this morning, althoguh that hasn't stopped the office being very empty

CTML
    Free Member

Yup no snow at all around central, rode in on the roadie to work…no play in the snow for me today 🙁

BigDummy
    Free Member

Rather nice coming across Wimbledon Common – a good 2 inches and all stuck on the trees, but no snow down at river level. 🙂

miketually
    Free Member

A colleague who lives near Easington has 15" of snow in her back garden. has that made the news yet?

atlaz
    Free Member

Our office is half empty. People from all over London and surrounding areas made it in fine (it's not really deep enough to cause problems) but people who live near them didn't. Anyone would think they're work-shy or something.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Now snowing pretty heavy in Balham SW London.’ is closed to new replies.