Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Now I remember why I usually grab the road bike
  • stumpyjon

Crown Point above Burnley Dan, working up to Gisburn although I hear the section after the quarry is a little wet these days.

Thanks for all the comments on my spannering skills 😆 most bits I fiddled with worked better afterwards, just the school boy error on reassembling the front axle backwards. I didn’t touch the spring eating brake…..and it shall remain so until it goes in the bin. Part of the fun of owning bikes for me is doing the servicing. This latest service did involve the succesful use of a grinding wheel 😯

I’m quite impressed with the response to my initial post, now I’ve started riding again I may have to step away from the political threads in the chat section and have more wholesome conversation here. PS I will be riding both on and off road for the foreseeable, different rides for different moods, but have no intention of buying a gravel bike, I have the tentative OK for a new full suss next year provided I keep riding.

chiefgrooveguru

I spent 21 years as the world’s most enthusiastic mountain biker…

Hmmmm…

Still, beats road biking.

Word.

I don’t believe that anyone who avoids mountain biking when it’s filthy slippery muddy messy conditions actually really likes mountain biking.

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Now I remember why I usually grab the road bike’ is closed to new replies.