Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Now I like cold pizza as much as anyone….
  • miketually
    Free Member

So what’s the difference between pizza and cheese & tomato sandwich?
    And if the kid had eaten toasted cheese with tomoato on top, why would that have been wrong?

When it’s a bakery pizza slice, probably a big difference. More fat, more salt, more crap.

surfer
    Free Member

When it’s a bakery pizza slice, probably a big difference. More fat, more salt, more crap.

What if it was homemade? How do you know it wasnt?

miketually
    Free Member

Is a food that is acceptable at tea time acceptable also for breakfast?

As they’re unlikely to have had muesli for their tea, their total fat/salt/crap intake for the day is likely to be too high.

Your body does react differently to different foods, so eating a fatty breakfast will not set you up for a productive day at school.

miketually
    Free Member

What if it was homemade? How do you know it wasnt?

Because I can read the original post…

surfer
    Free Member

As they’re unlikely to have had muesli for their tea, their total fat/salt/crap intake for the day is likely to be too high.

Based on our skewed conclusions based on no evidence.

so eating a fatty breakfast will not set you up for a productive day at school.

Again assuming it is fatty and not lovingly hand made at home.

Again, all a bit Daily Mail really

whytetrash

Maybe it wasn’t breakfast…could have been on her way home from an all night drinking session!…..What time does late night munchies become breakfast?

ps my two eat porridge/cheerios/weetabix with honey each morning the occaisional Pizza doesn’t do them any harm mind!

maxray
    Free Member

My kids eat oats rolled by hand off a virgins back with milk from a cow that lives high in the alps and is hand fed blades of grass. It keeps my kids full for 6 years and they act impeccably in all situations.

God… fat people eh!

I love STW only here to you get one upmanship of feeding your kids. 🙂

surfer
    Free Member

But I draw the line at feeding it to my 3 year old for breakfast!
    Have just dropped the slimtubling off at daycare and on the way out passed an 120 kg mother and her tubby toddler stuffing pizza slices into their maws;7.45 in the morninig! No wonder this country has such grim obesity statistics.
    Feel free to flame/troll but me and the kiddy love our morning porridge,we make it together, scoff each others and generally have a messy old time every morning and it fills us up for hours. I can’t see why you should have to buy a kids breakfast from a bakery.

It also says cold which is unlikely to have been purchased that morning which means it may have been last nights Pizza which may or may not be homemade.

Is suspect none of us will ever know will we?

But dont let that stop you please carry on.

miketually
    Free Member

God… fat people eh!

We thin people will be paying for their bypasses and insulin…

miketually
    Free Member

But dont let that stop you please carry on.

What’s most likely, given the size of the mother and child?

surfer
    Free Member

My kids eat oats rolled by hand off a virgins back with milk from a cow that lives high in the alps and is hand fed blades of grass. It keeps my kids full for 6 years and they act impeccably in all situations.

God… fat people eh!

I love STW only here to you get one upmanship of feeding your kid

Bloody hell Max have you not heard of the food miles issue? It should all be home grown in your own garden and fully sustainable.

surfer
    Free Member

What’s most likely, given the size of the mother and child?

Your guess is as good as mine however you have already made up your mind which was really my point.

miketually
    Free Member

Your guess is as good as mine however you have already made up your mind which was really my point.

You’re only assuming that I’ve made up my mind. Maybe my mind was made up at home last night?

surfer
    Free Member

You’re only assuming that I’ve made up my mind. Maybe my mind was made up at home last night?

Good point. As long as you werent feeding a fat bird Pizza.

oldgit
    Free Member

The bigger crime is eating in the street, pavement etc.
    Dizzguzzding

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Last Tuesday morning I had leftover cold meatball pizza from Domino’s and pretty damn good it was too. Sometimes you just gotta.

Twas funny though – we were in the hospital doing an overnight with our two (very) little newborns. The staff nurse came in to the ‘parent’s room’ to see us sat there ramming pizza down our traps as we juggled crying smelly babies.

And somehow they let us home with them 🙂

miketually
    Free Member

The bigger crime is eating in the street, pavement etc.
    Dizzguzzding

Yeah, grim:

miketually
    Free Member

Twas funny though – we were in the hospital doing an overnight with our two (very) little newborns. The staff nurse came in to the ‘parent’s room’ to see us sat there ramming pizza down our traps as we juggled crying smelly babies.

And somehow they let us home with them

At least you weren’t ramming the pizza down your newborns’ traps 😉

Moses

Fatties, eh ?

Live longer than the skinnies, it seems. Ton & WCA & I are pleased.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

At least you weren’t ramming the pizza down your newborns’ traps

LOVL! The way Evie is going, she’ll be on family pizzas very soon 🙂

miketually
    Free Member

When I was a baby, my parents widened the hole in a bottle’s teat, so that the rusk they’d dissolved into the milk would get through it. Apparently, I slept through if I’d had 11oz of milk with half a rusk in it.

steve-g
    Free Member

Maybe it was an all day breakfast pizza?

That would have been fine

oldgit
    Free Member

‘I slept through if I’d had 11oz of milk with half a rusk in it.’

Still do 🙂

miketually
    Free Member

Fatties, eh ?

Live longer than the skinnies, it seems. Ton & WCA & I are pleased.

Assuming BMI is a good gauge of correct weight, which is isn’t – you can be in the correct BMI range with a very high % body fat.

maxray
    Free Member

“Bloody hell Max have you not heard of the food miles issue? It should all be home grown in your own garden and fully sustainable. “

This is true surfer.. very suprised no one on here has their own cow tethered to their Weber :o)

Moses

Mike- did you bother reading the article ?
    It says that higher BMI’s are better for than “ideal” ones, and implies plenty of extra fat isn’t too bad at all.

miketually
    Free Member

Moses, you can have high BMI without being fat.

Moses

Yes, I know…but the article refers to a study of “average” people, & I bet that their excess BMI does not comprise muscle. The point being, we’re too hung up on being slender, without the real evidence that it improves our wellbeing & lifespans. This study suggests it doesn’t, and that being underweight is bad for you as well as obesity.

miketually
    Free Member

but the mortality weight will always be 100% 😉

hughjengin
    Free Member

You’ve made me feel guilty now. My kids are both perfect weighted little active whippets and I am 64 kgs myself due to all the exercise the Mrs is also active and of normal weight. I was gonna buy the kids fish and chips for their tea tonight as a treat, and now I feel guilty as hell 🙂

miketually
    Free Member

You’ve made me feel guilty now. My kids are both perfect weighted little active whippets and I am 64 kgs myself due to all the exercise the Mrs is also active and of normal weight. I was gonna buy the kids fish and chips for their tea tonight as a treat, and now I feel guilty as hell

Fish and chips for tea is fine, just don’t give them the leftovers for breakfast 😉

theflatboy
    Free Member

i’ve come late to this thread but i’m going to start right at the beginning. i take exception the title, as i doubt you like cold pizza as much as i do. can you prove your original claim?

Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘Now I like cold pizza as much as anyone….’ is closed to new replies.