Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Now I expect a huge flaming for this it's in no way a Troll But…….
  • Wookster

Is it me of is Bird watching (ie dropping everything to travel across the country to see a white throated needler for your life list) just tragic!?!

Now I recognise that I ride bikes around the woods country side etc….am I blind to my own “tragicness” 😀

fathomer

What’s tragic is that you’ve posted in the wrong forum! 😀

Wookster

Ah we’ll it’s a bike related topic though!! Is Biking more or less tragic than Birding!!

But good point well made!! 😆

thepurist

Stamp collecting, train spotting, plane spotting, binge drinking, watching the TdF… All things I can’t understand how people derive pleasure and interest from, but that doesn’t somehow degrade those who do. Vive la difference!

andeh

My non-biking mates take the piss when I identify the make and model of tyre tracks in the mud 😳

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

binge drinking

Binge drinking is awesome now and again. Nothing better than going to the boozer with the clear intention of getting smashed. 😀

project
    Free Member

Is it me of is Bird watching (ie dropping everything to travel across the country to see a white throated needler for your life list) just tragic!?!

Now I recognise that I ride bikes around the woods country side etc….am I blind to my own “tragicness”

Should have tweeted it on Twitter, or Flutter

Wookster

Should have tweeted it on Twitter, or Flutter

Nah I’m leaving that to the MP’s!!

thepurist

neilsonwheels – I guess spotting a white throated diver is awesome for twitchers too… Then to celebrate they go and get hammered 🙂

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Grown men, riding bikes together in the woods, playing with each others compression knobs whilst tweaking nipples, probably taking each other up the Arcelor.

Or you could be trekking across the country to look at a cracking pair of tits.

smell_it
    Free Member

Now I expect a huge flaming for this 

I bet you are a blast at parties…….

Swayndo
    Free Member

My non-biking mates take the piss when I identify the make and model of tyre tracks in the mud

What are you doing in the mud with non-biking mates?

nicko74

Binge drinking is awesome now and again. Nothing better than going to the boozer with the clear intention of getting smashed

Agreed.

But that Tour of France thing – just don’t get it. What’s appealing about watching a bike race for 3 weeks? I mean, they say cricket Test matches are boring, but those are done inside a week!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

But that Tour of France thing – just don’t get it. What’s appealing about watching a bike race for 3 weeks? I mean, they say cricket Test matches are boring, but those are done inside a week!

You would be lucky to see 3 minutes.

MSP

That just gave me an idea for a new cricket test match format, 21 20/20 matches in 7 days, maybe add some crocodile pits and machine gun turrets and I think I have a winning idea.

dannyh
    Free Member

andeh.

It’s only tragic ‘reading’ tyres tracks if you can also determine the rider’s height, weight and facial hair preferences from said tracks.

Northwind

It’s never interested me tbh. I’ll look at an interesting bird if it’s in the area (we saw a lammergeier in the alps, that was cool, more like a plane than a burd) but that’s it.

Then these wee guys appeared in the hedge right outside our front window, and it basically replaced the TV. Absolutely gutted that we missed them taking flight- went away for 3 days and they were gone 🙁

IMG_1804 by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr

nonk
    Free Member

Nah all power to the twitchers I say at least it’s getting excited about the natural world which has to be healthy.
    Got to be more healthy than getting all excited about the iPhone or bike or car or something.

piemonster

Nah all power to the twitchers I say at least it’s getting excited about the natural world which has to be healthy.
    Got to be more healthy than getting all excited about the iPhone or bike or car or something.

Plus one

Life is about the value you gain from it, if twitchers gain that value spotting some random feathery jobby. Good on ’em.

dibboid
    Free Member

When you said birdwatching and twitching. …. I think I got the wrong idea. Was I the only one? 😳

ohnohesback
    Free Member

It depends on the bird you are watching. If they are young, fit, and not wearing much…

molgrips
    Free Member

Which is worse – going to watch birds, or spending thousands on camera kit so you can take mediocre pictures of them, which aren’t as good as the ones you can dowload fom the internet?

dibboid
    Free Member

It depends on the bird you are watching. If they are young, fit, and not wearing much…

see it wasn’t just me. 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

Baby robin?

nicko74

Also, doesn’t Tour de France translate as “Tower of France”? Epic fail, might as well scrap it and start again, tbh… 😉

As for bird watching, CFH will be along shortly to talk about the right sunglasses to wear. Ones with a big sign above them saying “I am not a perv”, I think?

djglover
    Free Member

Going anywhere to do something is probably a bit stupid unless you also derive pleasure from the Journey.

Football away supporters have perfected this art.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Now I expect a huge flaming for this it's in no way a Troll But…….’ is closed to new replies.