Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Now here's a pub that'll do well over the coming weeks…
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Cask, in Pimlico, just up the road from FlashTowers

Just spotted a sign outside saying that they were going to be a "World Cup Free Zone".

So, great beer, great wine list and no wendyball? I'll be there!

bloodynora
    Free Member

On your own

ton

i might move south for a few weeks……….. 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

ton, there's a pint with your name on it if you're ever down this way!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Ton – you know what the Inn Keeper said to Mary and Joseph? 😉

Timmo
    Free Member

oooh, a world cup free zone, sounds like heaven to me!
    Don't do roundball in our house!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I love the feeling of appreciating almost all sporting endeavour. It must be terrible being wound up by football. If you are, and it matters that much, then you're in for a shit few weeks 🙂

timraven

You can join us at The Raven for a football free pub in Bath.

CAMRA Bath City Pub of the year 😆

ton

dd, england will be out in a few weeks……….. 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ooh, the Raven! One of my faves in Bath! Good news! Tim, just spotted this link on your interwebsite – http://www.teamraven.co.uk/ Will have to talk bikes next time I'm there!

So, what other havens of non-wendyball are there?

Darcy, it's not about being "wound up by football", more wanting a place to escape the endless and terminally boring hyperbole that surrounds the whole thing!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

CAMRA Bath City Pub of the year

Competition must have been thin on the ground Tim 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jeebus… 🙄

I could say the same thing once the Ashes start. But, it's just not that much of an issue.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Darcy, when the Ashes starts, we will not be bombarded by promotions in every shop that could be even slightly related to sport, nor will every TV channel be flooded with cricket.

We'll just have the gentle sound of leather 'pon willow on Test Match Special. And that's just fine with me!

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Is all the media attention any worse for footie than the endless reality tv singing/talent/dancing shows and big brother type programmes
    Count the hours of soaps everyday, far more than a bit of football for three weeks every four years (not counting the euros)

Non footie fans are nearly as self righteous as ex smokers, lots of people enjoy the ball kicking so what's wrong with that

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

lots of people enjoy the ball kicking so what's wrong with that

Nothing really wrong with it, just that some of us would rather like to escape it all and sadly there are fewer and fewer places which allow such an escape!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I'd imagine that more people are interested in football than voted for the current government 😯

Cricket is the Green Party!

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member

Ooh, the Raven! One of my faves in Bath!

+1

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Nothing really wrong with it

From your many comments about it, I don't believe you me old mucker. Go on, tell us how you really feel. Don't hold back now 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

OK, I'd happily see it banned! 🙂
    😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

And btw, I'm sure Tim at The Raven knows I'm taking the pish. It is indeed a fine fine pub.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

OK, I'd happily see it banned!

There, there. Bet you feel better now.

*mops flashy's brow with cold flannel*

rOcKeTdOg

here is football free too http://www.thenevillarms.co.uk/

ianpinder
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    ton, there's a pint with your name on it if you're ever down this way!

I don't think one pint will be enough

richcc
    Free Member

The Raven is a lovely pub, with a lovely array of beers. Must organise a weekend down in Bath at some point

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Excellent Flashheart that Cask Pub is spitting distance from Victoria Station. I reckon if I jump on a fast train from East Croydon, I could be there in less than half hour.

Do they sell Carlsberg ?

As most pubs are likely to be heaving during the World Cup it would nice to know a pub with an easy accessible bar – where you can get quickly tanked up, before moving onto one with entertainment.

And I could pop in afterwards for a couple of swift ones, before staggering back to Victoria for a kebab.
    Will you be there most evenings ?

timraven

Sorry had to go to work after Posting last night.

Deadly you're a cheeky get! How are you? Haven't seen you in ages.

Anyone else give us a shout when you're in town, be good to put faces to user names 😆

davesmum
    Free Member

is the raven the place that doesn't sell lager? I remember a place in bath (not right in the centre) that had a sarcastic sign outside saying they didn't sell fosters 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

this one looks like it's footy free 🙄

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Now here's a pub that'll do well over the coming weeks…’ is closed to new replies.