Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Now cycling is destined to become more popular, will you give it up?
  • munrobiker
    Free Member

)ell, it just seems like the singletrackworld thing to do 😉

bm0p700f
    Free Member

No never, the world would have to end first.

RobHilton
    Free Member

For sure; I’ll be taking up interstellar travel until that becomes affordable to the masses.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Nope.
    I’ll just become more anal and elitist.
    It’s the stw thing to do.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Destined to become more popular? I’m pretty sure I can survive that week before it goes back to normal.

Irish_AL
    Free Member

Dont be stupid, I am looking forward to many ‘never raced or rallied’ bargins on fleabay in about 3 months time 😆

lipseal
    Free Member

Yep giving it up till Tuesday.

donsimon
    Free Member

The more crap riders there are on the roads/trails, the better I look. Bring it on.

watsontony
    Free Member

if it became stupid at my loacl trails ( too busy ) then i would just go and do some freeriding 🙂

ton

your average english bloke is bone idle, so i dont think it will become too popular.

jota180
    Free Member

The cycle curious population will forget about it just as soon as the Olympics start next week

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Dont be stupid, I am looking forward to many ‘never raced or rallied’ bargins on fleabay in about 3 months time

This +1, I’ve been mulling over a new road bike since the start of the year, now just need to be patient and set up some saved searches on ebay.

Klunk
    Free Member

good, more slow coaches for me to monster to boost my ego!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Its the same every summer: the sun comes out, a british rider wins something, all the slow micners flock to the roads in their team sky kit.

Then it gets cold and wet and they all dissapear.

grantway
    Free Member

Na Sex I love it to much 😉

brooess
    Free Member

Popularity has been growing for years. Results today won’t change it that much IMO.

Remember cycling is hard (and requires a degree of being able to deal with fear given yr average driver) and the motorist has power over the politicians… barriers you only overcome if you really enjoy it…

I think the long term trend will continue growing but doubt we’ll suddenly become respected and ‘approved’ just because we’re so awesome at it at competitive level…

jota180
    Free Member

I’m hoping that strange kid wins the diving acrobat thing in the Olympics

It’ll be fun watching the wannabes trying a backward flip off the high board

t-p26
    Free Member

A british bloke won a big road race in france. Well done to him. How will this affect traffic on singletrack in Deepest,Darkest Northumbria??

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

No, but it’s a shame that this will put of a return to rational pricing for at least another 18 months. Recession, what recession?

bigyinn
    Free Member

How can you give up something you don’t actually do?

munrobiker
    Free Member

I think bigyinn gets it.

donsimon
    Free Member

Looks like the masses have already started buying…

Lord Sugar ?@Lord_Sugar

Tried 60 mile ride today using Pinorello dogma 2 with Campagnolo electric.At 26 miles Campag conked out. Had to ride back in one high gear
    😆

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Tried 60 mile ride today using Pinorello dogma 2 with Campagnolo electric.At 26 miles Campag conked out. Had to ride back in one high gear

who would have thought italian electronics would pack up?

having said that I’ve seen a few tweets about Di2 packing up as well

watsontony
    Free Member

Had to ride back in one high gear

unless thats his rear mech then why he have to ride back in one high gear

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Looks like the masses have already started buying…

Jokes on you I’m afraid, he’s been a cyclist for years, always has properly pimped pinarello’s as you’d expect.

unless thats his rear mech then why he have to ride back in one high gear

Surely it just stops in whatever gear it’s in so if he’s on the flat or going downhill it’s a high gear?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Mountain bikers will be as unpopular as ever. I’m not worried.

donsimon
    Free Member

Jokes on you I’m afraid,

Not if I already knew that he was a keen cyclist and thought that Lord Sugar Tweeting about a Pinarello fitted nicely with the thread for a bit of a comic effect.
    In other news, horses don’t go into bars and if they did they defifnnitely wouldn’t speak or be called Eric probably.

hh45
    Free Member

My two favorite things, cycling and real ale have become super popular in the 12 years since I got onto them and it has almost reached the point with both being too in the public eye but then again what is there not to like really? More decent beer than ever, more widely available, loads of cycle commuters at work, respect from non riders and interest in cycling stuff that we do.

Some mamils I meet through work are a pain, Volvo driving, late 40s, over weight accountant types, slow coaches who never climb proper hills or race or ride in the rain but have all the Assos and Rapha gear you can shake a multi tool at. But even then its better to have more riders (voting, lobbying etc) than less.

cycleofaddiction
    Free Member

people will soon get bored of the sky juggernaut mopping everything up and then the backlash will start

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

hh45, well put.

More people on bikes (and drinking good beer!) can only be a good thing.

Let us not denigrate, belittle or sneer at anyone. Let us just celebrate the wonder of a British Tour winner, a British world champion and the utter marvel that is the joy of riding a bike!

(Yes, I have been on the rum for a while and so am waffling, but by ‘eck I’m happy at the Tour result!)

orangeboy
    Free Member

More people out on bikes can only ever be a good thing
    But I do chuckle every time I see a slow moving sky team replica struggling uphill

Drac

As already said up there it’s been getting more popular over the last few years anyway. I’ve not stopped riding but I have stopped visiting places due to the crowds of riders. Not that is a bad thing just I like quieter trails.

Oh and agreed bikes combined with a great beer takes some beating.

binners

I’ve already sold my bikes and taken up extreme tiddly winks. The bastards better not start winning, and popularising that too!

juan
    Free Member

Jokes on you I’m afraid, he’s been a cyclist for years, always has properly pimped pinarello’s as you’d expect.

Oh bugger, I have been cycling for more than a decade and I don’t own a pimped up pinarello… Now I feel like I just have failed my life…

yunki
    Free Member

I gave up the first time I saw an employed person on the trails.. all the soul left the sport that day..

and all the ex golfing/audi driving bandwagoneers are already here.. the only change will be that the 29 kids that were destined to have failed to fit in at the BMX park will now get roadsters for xmas.. this change will simply only fast track them into the lonely world of the social outcast that they were headed for anyway..

By the end of August all cyclists everywhere will still be despised and ridiculed in equal measures by the rest of society..

binners

I know a couple of bandwagon jumpers who’ve got into it last couple of years. They’re fairly humorless types, who take themselves far too seriously anyway, so they’ve fitted right in to the whole roadie ethic.

But while they’ll go into orgasmic raptures about ludicrously overpriced carbon bling, the whole concept of getting muddy and wet they find absolutely abhorrent. They’d no more night ride on a mountain bike than they would try to bugger a tiger

juan
    Free Member

They’d no more night ride on a mountain bike than they would try to bugger a tiger

Wait for my invoice for my new keyboard/screen…
    Genius

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Oh bugger, I have been cycling for more than a decade and I don’t own a pimped up pinarello… Now I feel like I just have failed my life…

for someone who spends as long as you do on a british bike forum you really should learn to pick up sarcasm :p

Bessides, I meant that someone who’s worth hundreds of millions would probably be expected to be riding something top drawer whetherhe’s been riding 10 minutes or 10 years.

juan
    Free Member

for someone who spends as long as you do on a british bike forum you really should learn to pick up sarcasm :p

So should you

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I gave up the first time I saw an employed person on the trails.. all the soul left the sport that day..

😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Now cycling is destined to become more popular, will you give it up?’ is closed to new replies.