Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • now another phone has turned up when i want to upgrade (dell streak)
  • firestarter
    Free Member

i was pretty set on the htc desire but anyone used a dell streak ? any good?

(but it is massive 😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

If its anything like their PC's it'll use a whole host of non replacable parts and come pre loaded with so much crap it'll be slower than your old one.

It will then self destruct after a year and the warrenty department will just point at you and laugh telling you you should have bought the extended warenty if you actualy wanted it to work.

dmiller
    Free Member

It ships with Android 1.6 – that's pretty old. An upgrade is planned but it will probably need to come from Dell. The sony ericsson X10 looks better to me to be honest but then its all about the camera for me.

Although as I work for Dell, but not in the area that this phone is developed and supported, I can see the internal support sites. The pictures on the internal sites make it look less of a brick than the external pictures. I have not seen one in real life but I don't think its that huge…

Also, strangely, there has been zero internal fuss about this. Normally we get told all about new products just before release to sale…

fisha
    Free Member

I had a play around with one yesterday. It was a workmates.

Its huuuuuuuuuggggeeee.

slim, but huge.

it wouldn't really fit comfortably in an average pocket and feels like it owuld snap in a back pocket.

the screen didn't seem overly bright, but was nice and readable

its huge

the scrolling wasn't as smooth as an iPhone ( but which ones are )

its huge

i dont really think it knows where its placed ( too small a tablet, too big a phone )

its huge

overall, it was a smart bit of kit, but you would need to really want the size of it

its huge.

firestarter
    Free Member

lol its huge then 🙂

kimbers

so its the ideal phone for oversized 29er riders?

druidh
    Free Member

It's a useable iPad.

fisha
    Free Member

You would really need to see one in the flesh to decide about its size. Its a nice enough device, sleek sided, very current design, blah blah blah. but it think along the lines of holding a DVD case to your ear when using it as a phone … it feels like its approaching that size. PEople joked I was Dom Jolly with it.

I think if your use for it was along the lines of it being work like device for emails and work work stuff where you weren't really having to chuck it in your pocket and be on the go, then it'd be great.

If your needing a phone that is easily carried and thrown in pockets and taken with you, then I think it may be on the large side.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘now another phone has turned up when i want to upgrade (dell streak)’ is closed to new replies.