Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Novotec bearing replacement help urgently required
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

Recently sold a set of wheels on the clasifieds and decided to replace the rear bearings before sending.

Hub came apart no problem, but i’ll be darned if i can fit the new bearing in the non driveside. Its definitely the correct bearing size, but there appears to be a slight ledge in the hub body that prevents the bearing being pressed in fully. Im reluctant to use brute force and have no special tools so what am i missing?

rear hub is a D712sb.

courier booked for tomorrow so help urgently required!

ta

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Assuming the bearing has gone in part way, then you’ve had to remove it again, I’d say there’s a burr that needs cleaning out before it’ll go in fully.
    Happens quite often if you’re not careful, using a proper bearing press etc.
    If it is that, just clean it up with a stanley blade so it’s smooth, grease it up & try again.
    If it isn’t that, then I don’t know-I’ve got three sets of those hubs & never had an issue!

boblo
    Free Member

Try putting the bearing in the freezer as well. Might be just enough if it’s a bit it tight.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Novotec bearing replacement help urgently required’ is closed to new replies.