Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Nottinghamshire Biking
  • ChrisA
    Free Member

Evening guys,

I’ve recently moved back into nottingham and was wondering if there was any more local biking on the doorstep rather than going to sherwood pines.

I’m in Mapperley, any decent routes around lambley, down to Blidworth / samsom woods way?

I’d rather ride from the door than stick the bike on the roof and drive to ride, so any local routes would be appreciated.

alexpalacefan

Try here.

Or NATS mtb club,

APF

slowrider
    Free Member

samsom, blidworth, theives, annesley, bestwood park etc can all be linked up with a little exploring. its nice singletrack type stuff, nothing particularly steep, long, difficult etc but a good xcwoodsy spin nontheless. get in touch with NATS if you are looking for someone to show you around, they do regular rides

for my money, ill always take the drive to the peaks

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Where in mapperley? There used to be a nice route out to calverton a good few years back

funkynick

Well, it depends what you like, but there are loads of small singletrack trails all over the woods north of Notts, the vast majority of which are cheeky and you just have to find them. But saying that, there are some fun bridleways as well…

Spend a while riding around Blidworth, Sansom and Theives Woods and you’ll find it eventually, just try diving down anything that looks interesting! Bestwood has some trails which are easier to find, along with a little jump spot (although I have a feeling this might have been fenced in) and some drops…

It’s always a good area for a night ride, with plenty to keep you interested, but in general I’d head out to the Peak for any kind of day ride…

ChrisA
    Free Member

Over in woodthorpe to be precise, near tree tops.

Have heard of NATS so will give them a call too. Problem is work & social life is hectic so it’s not always easy to get out regularly with a club hence end up riding alone a lot

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I think there is something out towards centreparcs. not sure what Of course there are the canals and river to ride along. River from stoke bardolph used to be decent

will
    Free Member

Loads of rides around Blidworth/theives wood/Sherwood pines/watch wood

From Mapperly I’d head towards Calverton and hit the woods around there.

cozz
    Free Member

i live in calverton

Id drop from mapperly down to calverton, then through oxton woods, watch woods, samson woods, burntstump woods to longdale and blidworth upto sherwood pines then on to sherwood forest near edwinstowe then onto clumber park, creswell crags etc

you can get a good 25-30 mile one way without much road work at all

will
    Free Member

Small world eh.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Nottinghamshire Biking’ is closed to new replies.