Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Nottingham
  • molgrips
    Free Member

So if I go west it’ll be ok, by the sound of it?

The university and back would be a reasonable distance, I might just try that.

What about that canal towpath?

lodious
    Free Member

Sorry, I don’t really know town that well, If it’s the towpath which goes past the Forest ground, it should be fine…just don’t veer off right as you go out of town 😉

lodious
    Free Member

That’s heading south though?

grantway
    Free Member

Molgrips wasn’t you working in London ?

restless
    Free Member

If you want to go for a run from the city centre you could start at the canal, next to the magistrates courts and follow the towpath to castle marina and further towards Beeston , it is perfectly safe.

Or you could run down parallel to the tram tracks past Nottingham trent university, towards the Forest recreation ground (not the Nottingham forest ground, that is in west bridgford) and have a good run round there, it is safe during the day.

Or you could head south towards Trent Bridge, this will take you past the Meadows, but it is fine during the day, and to the River Trent which has a nice embankment area to run along and you could follow it to the end, run back along Castle boulevard.

LadyAlexMTB
    Free Member

Molgrips – an easy run would be along the canal towpath, coming up at the Magistrate’s court/train station, through the Meadows and onto the River Trent, along the Trent until you hit the canal again and follow the canal until you’re back where you started. 4.2 miles. How long are you here for? Want a guide? Could do tomorrow (Friday) any time after 11.30am. Night riding tonight so saving my energy today!

LadyAlexMTB
    Free Member

KeithB – NATS dont officially organise any night rides but if you go on the forum people arrange them between themselves or if you turn up at a Sunday ride you’ll get chatting to people and will find someone who lives near you wanting to ride weekday nights.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Nottingham’ is closed to new replies.