Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Nottingham (or thereabouts) to Newcastle (road route)
  • Spud

We’ve friends in Newcastle and I go up regularly as half my team are there, does anyone have a road route (avoiding all the major stuff) from Nottingham, or thereabouts, to Newcastle? I’m planning over two days stopping in York perhaps. Thought I’d ask before I lock myself away with an online mapping site.

dknwhy

This is the best mapping site around.

xyeti
    Free Member

Easy, Notts to newark, Lincoln up to Hull across Humber Bridge on to East Coast, Hornsea, Brid, Scarborough, Whitby, Hartlepool then up to Newcastle.

Spud

Cheers Both, much appreciated. Not thought of heading that far east but certainly a nice route up the coast.

MoreCashThanDash

You should be able to find the London-Edinburgh-London audax route online – might give you some ideas depending how far east you need to go to pick it up and then get off at the other end

xyeti
    Free Member

Spud, the only thing that popped in my mind was………… Ahem, Fish & Chip shops

There would be some belters out that way, plus some of the riding between Scarborough to Whitby then north towards Hartlepool.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

LEL route +1. of sorts.
    https://www.strava.com/activities/71463012

Head north-east towards Hull. Cross the Humber to Pocklington. Over Richmand Hills to Thirsk. Up to Barnard Castle, over to Alston, then Hexham and follow Route 72 to Newcastle

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Nottingham (or thereabouts) to Newcastle (road route)’ is closed to new replies.