Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Nottingham Capital FM Arena (ice arena) reasonable parking?
  • rascal
    Free Member

As title – going tomorrow night to watch War of The Worlds! – need to park close by (with in-laws) and don’t want my wallet fleeced just to park a car for 4 hours…cheers

wrightyson
    Free Member

Loads of parking around the arena. Notts to be fair even in the day is very expensive to park. If you park anywhere in or around the arena expect to queue to get out.

cozz
    Free Member

its horrific for parking, tiny carpark nearby youve no chance

they built it with no parking to encourage people to use public transport 🙄

I park other side of sneinton market – around roden street area – free street parking

or park at forest recreation ground, get tram to lace market, 5 min walk

rascal
    Free Member

There’s a good park & ride near Lenton Lane but not sure how close it drops you off to the Arena…

ste_t
    Free Member

http://www.ncp.co.uk/find-a-car-park/car-parks/nottingham-arndale-centre

Book a space so you are guaranteed to get in. Search through their car parks, stoney street and fletcher gate are the closest and most expensive but you’ll queue for ages trying to get out.

Edit: arndale is probably cheapest but you’ll need to drop off/pick up the inlaws.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

The Metro Car Park on Huntingdon St is pretty reasonable and only a short walk from the arena.

You could also consider parking in one of the many free Park and Ride car parks and getting the tram in.

iain1775
    Free Member

+1 free on street parking far side of Sneinton Market
    Straight in and out normally without any queues as everyone flocks to the car parks and streets on the Lace Market side

I think it’s free after 6pm (or something like £1 between 6-8pm and free after 8pm)

I’ve never failed to get a space in the Brook Street area here
    http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=457957&y=340031&z=106&sv=457957,340031&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=513&ax=457957&ay=340031&lm=0

fionap

I parked in the Brook Street car park earlier this year for NIN at the Arena. Arrived at about 6.30pm and there were lots of spaces. No trouble getting out after.

rascal
    Free Member

Parked at Victoria Centre in the end as Lace Market are was rammed – £4.50 so never got fleeced either.
    BTW – go and see War of the Worlds if you get a chance (final tour though) – bloody excellent!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Nottingham Capital FM Arena (ice arena) reasonable parking?’ is closed to new replies.