• This topic has 14 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by StuF.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • nottingham – ale and dancing suggestions
  • Pook

a few of us are off to nottingham on Friday night for a xmas works night out.

The order of the night is curry, good ale, a good bar, then dancing.

We’re starting at the Curry Lounge then going for ales at Ye Olde Salutation…. but where next?

Jamie
    Free Member

Ale & Dancing?

What you’re looking for, Pook, is a night out in the 1970s.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Dancing or Dancing Girls?

hora
    Free Member

Notts? You work in Derby?!!!

Pook

Jamie, it’d suit my dapper fashion.

mike – just dancing.

hora – and?

rob2
    Free Member

The Irish 🙂

If its still there, I was at university 20 years ago so I suspect it’s changed!

hora
    Free Member

If its still there, I was at university 20 years ago so I suspect it’s changed!

Doubtful I bet. There are many bars on Oxford rd Manchester that are the same now as 20yrs ago for me 8)

Cougar

Rock City? 😈

rob2
    Free Member

Do they still play rage against the machine and wedding present at rock city?

sc-xc

Rock City on Saturday for me… 8) 8) 8)

wysiwyg
    Free Member

What’s name of that bar past cinema in hockley that does real ale shots at £15 or something. The one where you drink comes in a squirrel :/

Mooly
    Free Member

Good ale – The Bell on the market square or the Old trip to Jerusalem as its Xmas.
    As for dancing has to be the Cookie club – legendary Indie disco. over three floors.

LadyAlexMTB
    Free Member

+1 for Mooly

The Approach is quite good – live band belting out dance-friendly anthems and most people dance but it is also a normal pub and free entry if you don’t fancy the full commitment of the Cookie Club.

Mooly
    Free Member

There is always also what used to be the social but I think is now called bodega.
    Last time I went they had a live band karaoke. I know sounds fairly atrocious but was really amazing.
    Massively good vibe in there too!

StuF

+1 for the Bodega, usually live dj downstairs. I met the now mrsF in there several years ago

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘nottingham – ale and dancing suggestions’ is closed to new replies.