Viewing 25 posts - 81 through 105 (of 105 total)
  • Notice of Intended Prosecution for speeding….
  • Cougar

I envy you if that’s true. I read far more disgusting things on the Internet on a regular basis. I can only assume that you’ve never read any YouTube comments.

As a random example, only this morning I was called a four letter word beginning with T and ‘no better than a racist’ because I asked someone on Facebook whether they were aware that typing in all caps was considered shouting.

iain1775
    Free Member

3 pages in and no one has asked how far over the limit the driver (whoever they where) was?
    Standards are slipping round here
    My guess is given the shoutiness and anxiety of the OP it must have been a lot, and this could affect the operation of his business somehow

nickdavies

I want to know what happened to the three guys in the three vehicles in the same three t shirts with beards??

matt_outandabout

NIP = No Intention (to serve) Pudding?

convert

As a random example, only this morning I was called a four letter word beginning with T and ‘no better than a racist’ because I asked someone on Facebook whether they were aware that typing in all caps was considered shouting.

I hear this sort of story and wonder if I’m doing facebook wrong. The only thing I get in my feed are updates of what friends (actual real world friends) are up to, a few updates from a couple of (real world) sport clubs I belong to, a handful of very civilised comments from (sport related) facebook groups and a compulsory collection of cats doing crrrrazy things videos. I’ve never seen an argument on facebook or a reason to disagree with someone. What am I doing wrong?

johndoh
    Free Member

My guess is given the shoutiness and anxiety of the OP it must have been a lot, and this could affect the operation of his business somehow

Not a very good guess. Sorry.

Scamper
    Free Member

op, you may get a letter from the lease company saying they have dobbed you in (or they may not bother) and there may be a small admin charge which they will add to your existing direct debit.

iain1775
    Free Member

So why are you getting so worked up about it
    Either return the NIP with your partners (or his wife’s details) on or leave it for him to deal with
    ….Or fill in your own details and suck it up

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Name the driver and give address, it’s not your fault he/she is a non EU national no longer in the country! Tested in court!

The countries awash with illegal immigrants (blind eye turned bused in cheap labour) and absolute t$$ts so why not behave just like the two faced lying cake and eat it pretenders, oh their ok to wash my car and do building work!

There’s no moral high ground anymore just liers and two faced liers ripping each other off. F””k-em all everything’s fair game in this contradictory dog eat dog world we are forced to endure.

scaredypants

Also, if the letter us not typed in 10pt Times New Roman it isn’t legal either.

It’s still OK to reply in wingdings, right ?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Oh yes.

philxx1975
    Free Member

Why not go on pepi poo first before heading over to this forum for a complete berating, I did this first to make sure there were no tiny loophole I missed.

I then asked the question on here in the full knowledge I was going to get my Pants pulled down by the horde.

YOU seem to have missed the fact some other Joe will also have had this happen to them and tried to find a wiggle out clause or for some reason the police won’t have seen some one try the 14 day out of time trick?

In my case I thought there was wiggle room for speeding and I might have had some room to get away with it, and just like you came on here with a thinly veiled story.

A good idea might be to just let it go to court and in due cours, the judge slap you down, then give you the 1k or so fine for wasting his time.

Cougar

I hear this sort of story and wonder if I’m doing facebook wrong. The only thing I get in my feed are updates of what friends (actual real world friends) are up to, a few updates from a couple of (real world) sport clubs I belong to, a handful of very civilised comments from (sport related) facebook groups and a compulsory collection of cats doing crrrrazy things videos. I’ve never seen an argument on facebook or a reason to disagree with someone. What am I doing wrong?

You’re on Facebook so some metric have already done it wrong. (-:

I’ve joined a couple of FB discussion pages which are broadly populated by people I don’t know other than coincidentally (largely like here). It was one such group where a new user turned up like Brian Blessed. I called him on it and it transpired that he was doing it on purpose because he’d done so in “all his 25 years on the Internet” and that I was prejudiced and as bad as a racist and on and on. I was trying to be helpful, didn’t realise he had a massive chip on his shoulder about it.

wwaswas

didn’t realise he had a massive chip MASSIVE CHIP on his shoulder about it.

FTFY.

PEOPLE ARE ODD. HE’D NEVER READ A BOOK WHERE THE WHOLE THING WAS IN CAPS BUT EXPECTS PEOPLE TO GIVE HIS OPINIONS CREDENCE AND WEIGHT IF HE CHOOSES TO BREAK THE SOCIAL NORMS OF COMMUNICATION.

johndoh
    Free Member

A good idea might be to just let it go to court and in due cours, the judge slap you down, then give you the 1k or so fine for wasting his time.

A good idea, other than it isn’t my NIP, but someone else’s. They will be sorting it out however they feel fit when they return from their holiday.

yosemitepaul

And its still going……..can you hang fire for 30 minutes whilst I go and get another load of Tunnocks?

Cougar

A good idea, other than it isn’t my NIP, but someone else’s. They will be sorting it out however they feel fit when they return from their holiday.

Except, right now, it is yours, as it’s addressed to the company and you’re the only one there with the authority to reply to it. I hope for your your partner’s sake (and yours) that they’re likely to be back in the next week.

In their position, if I’d come back from holiday to find a NIP that you’d ignored for a fortnight, I’d be very much of the mind “why didn’t you fill it in and send it back, you eejit?”. You need to stop looking at it as “dobbing him in,” you’re doing him a favour. You’re both potentially in for a lot of hassle if you ignore it.

theotherjonv

simply respond saying that you don’t know who was driving as it is the car your business partner uses and that he’ll deal with it when he returns.

OR

Where is he anyway? Somewhere totally off the radar, like Hungary. Can you not call / txt / email him and ask him if he can tell you who was driving at the time?

johndoh
    Free Member

Except, right now, it is yours, as it’s addressed to the company and you’re the only one there with the authority to reply to it. I hope for your your partner’s sake (and yours) that they’re likely to be back in the next week.

He’s back next week and he’s got until October to sort it.

Where is he anyway? Somewhere totally off the radar, like Hungary. Can you not call / txt / email him and ask him if he can tell you who was driving at the time?

I decided against spoiling his holiday with bad news.

nemesis
    Free Member

100 (mph)!

hammyuk
    Free Member

nickdavies – Member
    I want to know what happened to the three guys in the three vehicles in the same three t shirts with beards??

Nothing in the end – Surrey Police were satisfied that we couldn’t identify the actual
    Driver. For us the fact that two of the drivers were bothers and the pic they had showed nothing more than shoulders, logo’d shirt and a bearded chin as the sun visor was down obscuring their face.
    Even now I couldn’t tell you which of them it was and they worked for me for 5yrs!

konabunny
    Free Member

it’s addressed to the company and you’re the only one there with the authority to reply to it.

Says who?

You are worse than Mussolini.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I decided against spoiling his holiday with bad news.

3 points is hardly going to spoil his/her holiday is it? Well unless they’re already on the points limit.

wwaswas

unless they’re already on the points limit.

or they were significantly over the limit?

johndoh
    Free Member

It would spoil my holiday if I was told whilst I was away – telling him doesn’t help matters really does it?

Viewing 25 posts - 81 through 105 (of 105 total)

The topic ‘Notice of Intended Prosecution for speeding….’ is closed to new replies.