Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Not your usual what's it worth thread
  • paulosoxo
    Free Member

Thinking of raffleing a bike for a charity, trying to decide if eBay would return more money.

I have an orange On One 456 Summer Season, almost brand new, if I build it with Toras, 1×9, chain device, deore drive and hubs on Alex rims, juicy 3s, etc

What do you reckon it’s worth?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Nobody, anybody?

AlasdairMc

If you raffle a bike you don’t need to pimp it unless everyone buying tickets are cyclists already. You could sell that bike on eBay, buy something else (like a Hardrock), then raffle that off instead.

andyl
    Free Member

depends if your raffle is being held at your church fate or at a proper mtb event.

price up the cost of the parts multiply by a random % factor depending on how used (eg 80%) and use that as what you are aiming for.

How much are you likely to get for a ticket? The usual £1 or could you push £5 a ticket? At £1 a ticket you get people buying rows but might only sell £200 worth.

nodrog2
    Free Member

Maybe just sell the bike and give the money to charity. Remember the 2 I built and we raffled them through the mountain bike forum Oxo? That was 2 bikes and it didn’t really raise that much. Guess it depends how big your audience is.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Thought that might be the case.

Gordie, will you be able to sort me with a box?

nodrog2
    Free Member

Yeah, boxes no problem Paul.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Not your usual what's it worth thread’ is closed to new replies.