Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Not your usual STW “what car?” question
  • stumpy01

djglover – Member
    Seat Ibiza TDI sport 100bhp, remapped to 150bhp. Cost me 4K to buy on a 56 plate 12 months ago. Great driving car, sounds like a tractor at tick over though.

I think the OP was erring towards the petrol….hence my suggestion of the petrol FR above.

If the OP is considering a diesel version, then probably better off in the 130TDi Sport over a re-mapped 100.
    The 100 in stock is a perfectly capable car to be honest, but I wouldn’t want to drive one on a 4 mile commute; prefers longer runs, I reckon.

djglover
    Free Member

You are probably right. I only ended up with the Sport as having 4 doors was a prerequisite of my wifes, otherwise I’d have got the FR or Cupra

NorthernStar
    Free Member

Please take what Clarkson says with a big pinch of salt – a whole bag of salt in fact. Yes the Panda 100hp is a fairly basic car, but that’s half of the appeal really. Simplicity means less to go wrong and a kind of purity that you won’t find in many over engineered and soundproofed modern cars.

It’s not particularly slow either. 0-60 in 9.5 secs is more than acceptable. Better than a lots of cars that. Plus if your Mrs is only on the motorway once every blue moon then what does it matter if it’s not the Fiat’s natural environment?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Not your usual STW “what car?” question’ is closed to new replies.