Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Not what tyres, but these tyres. Spesh Clutch SX.
  • akira

Got one cos they are pretty cheap and seem like a good tyre, ridden it a bit and done an uplift on them and very happy, was considering using them in the Alps but have that niggling Minion/HR feeling at the back of my head.
    Anyone used the Clutch in the Alps in comparison to the Maxxis standard?

mushrooms
    Free Member

I use one on the front for DH and like it, soft rubber and pretty tough side walls but not too heavy. Not used it in the alps but I certainly would.

GW
    Free Member

not used the Clutch, but I prefer Chunders to Highrollers (taller sharper knobs so feel closer to the original Comp16s and have a better compound for my us

Where did you get it?

akira

Are you running the SX or the DH?
    Yeah think I might just use them as cheap and seem pretty good, I'm not that amazing that it's gonna make a huge difference.
    Readily available from all good Spesh stockists, bit of a Maxxis copy really.
    Got it from work.

mushrooms
    Free Member

SX, big for it's size and with a square profile. It's kind of middle of the road between dual ply and xc tyres. Got it from http://www.southdownsbikes.com but it looks like the price has gone up.

GW
    Free Member

I'm running the DH casings (on the rear of my DH bike) they seem at least as tough as a Maxxis Dual ply casing, I have a wee stash of em (2 aramid bead (folding) 50/55a dual compound and 2 wire bead 60a) wouldn't use them for anything other than pure DH tho

IMO SX casing is still too heavy for all round use, they'd rule for mini DH or DH at tame places like innerleithen or for really lightweight/smooth DHers but even then prob still wouldn't cope with proper rocky DH tracks.

Akira – where is work?

akira

Will run them and take some Maxxis as well maybe.
    Been pretty impressed by them so far, too heavy for general riding but seem to be chunky and ideal for bigger stuff.
    GW- It's Evans, I await my door being broken down by people who have never been served by me telling me how dreadful I am at my job. 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Not what tyres, but these tyres. Spesh Clutch SX.’ is closed to new replies.