Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 117 total)
  • Not washing jeans….
  • RustySpanner

Any of you mingers still walking around in jeans caked with your own filth?
    🙂

This was a big thing on here a few years ago, I seem to remember.

Have you all seen the light and washed your £200 jeans in your artisan dolly tubs, or are smegma and skid marks still cutting it in hipsterville?

bodgy
    Free Member

After 18 months my jeans become a self-regulating ecosystem.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Ha!

I’d often wondered. Both about the not washing as much as the price in the first place.

Isn’t there a similar theory about armpits?

My cousin owns a company making expensive jeans. Offered me a pair at cost price. £130!!!

I wish I’d asked him about not washing them: he is from Liverpool though so may have different ideas to us southerners! 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

I don’t wash jeans until they get properly dirty, every 6-9 months probably. I think my Rapha jeans have been washed once since last Christmas. They’re designed not to be washed. Unlike me, and I wear underwear. I can honestly say that I’ve never ever had skidmarks on my trousers, I’m worried that you’re judging others for being dirty…

RustySpanner

…designed not to be washed.

How are they different to any other jeans in resisting dirt and sweat?

I can honestly say that I’ve never ever had skidmarks on my trousers

You’re simply not trying.

I’m worried that you’re judging others for being dirty…

Not in the slightest.
    I sure you’re perfectly clean.

Your jeans, however, have 6-9 months of your crotch sweat embedded in them.
    🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

njee20 – Member
    I think my Rapha jeans have been washed once since last Christmas. They’re designed not to be washed..

Hmmm, not too sure that’s correct.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

“I can honestly say that I’ve never ever had skidmarks on my trousers”

Not even when you properly scratch your arse. Like, really hard? Posh!

Kryton57

njee20 – Member
    my Rapha jeans…

🙄

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I wash my axe every day.

funkmasterp

Smell test for washing jeans. Pick them up, smell the crotch area and take it from there 😉

They just get comfier the longer you wear them for. Freshly washed jeans feel awful.

BoardinBob

Aye but your arse crack is still sweating into the crotch and that wont smell nice

orangespyderman

Pick them up, smell the crotch area and take it from there

I feel like I’ve been watched… 😕

Yak

Smegma, sweat, arse fog particulates, mud, road crap, animal shit….just sayin’

prawny

My current No1 jeans have been washed once I think, I’ve had them about a year.

The dye has faded over the left pocket into the exact shape of my phone, which is odd, because according to my wife it’s always in my hand

orangespyderman

animal shit

WTF do you get up to? 😯

squirrelking
    Free Member

Indeed, crotch area is the first indicator that its time to wash them. So long as you wash low and hang to dry they will last. Mine last a week. But then I’m a cheapskate and wear Uniqlo or Muji.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Stick em in the freezer apparently (in a bag obviously).

MrSmith
    Free Member

Smell test for washing jeans. Pick them up, smell the crotch area and take it from there

thats about right, the GF would say something if they hummed. having 5-6 pairs on rotation probably helps and they do get a short cold wash when they need it.

wearing the same pair for weeks? no, thats just sociopathic.

TheBrick
    Free Member

What is so delicate about expensive jeans? I buy cheap ones and they last ok. Not as good as expensive work rang jeans but ok. Are designer jeans made of rubbish material?

Gary_M
    Free Member

I think my Rapha jeans have been washed once since last Christmas. They’re designed not to be washed.

What do you mean by ‘they’re designed not to be washed’?

P-Jay
    Free Member

Wouldn’t go more than a week in mine without a wash – not with my Betty Swollocks.

Still, I still wince at spending £80 on Howies jeans, most of mine are from Nex

fifeandy
    Free Member

I think I must not be fashionable enough for this thread.
    Jeans cost ~£30, get washed every week and last a good 5yrs or so……….

weeksy

fifeandy – Member

I think I must not be fashionable enough for this thread.
    Jeans cost ~£30, get washed every week and last a good 5yrs or so……….

I’m with you there… I get mine from Next… wear wash wear wash.

Gary_M
    Free Member

On the washing thing, I have a few pairs of jeans and don’t wear them that often, maybe a couple of hours at the weekend, so I don’t wash them very often.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I’m happy to accept they don’t need washing as frequently as you might think, assuming you don’t spill your curry over them or something. Months and months is a bit of a stretch though for me.

jon1973
    Free Member

They’re designed not to be washed.

Any other marketing BS you’d like to share? 😆

Yak

I live in them. I have 2 pairs of next jeans in rotation and they get washed after a week (each) of wear usually. Maybe 2 weeks max if they haven’t acquired too much crap. 1 pair is usually ready for the bin after a year. Next jeans are £30-40, so that’s it for an annual jean cost. Seems reasonable to me.

DezB
    Free Member

Yeah, I hardly ever wear jeans, so they probably go a few years between washes.
    My work trousers stay rolled up in my locker for a good few weeks before I remember to take them home and wash em too (well, I wear them between rolling them up and shoving them back in the locker.. ) 🙂

redmex
    Free Member

I buy next jeans but the £20 same jeans as twice their price on the next hanger but not paying for the naff belt. Its all about fit for me the fit like a glove no adjustments just leather belt 32 reg perfect leg length.
    What a manky minging thread this was to start with as i eat my 10am peece

johnners
    Free Member

Jeans cost ~£30, get washed every week and last a good 5yrs or so…….

So hundreds of hours of wear over 5 years and 250 or so washes? Hmm.

bungle

Well dressed dad for all your sartorial advice, jeans especially. Uniqlo actually get a good review for their jeans though most of the content is for heavy/expensive stuff like Iron Horse.

trail_rat
    Free Member

how sweaty do some of you lot get !!

AlexSimon

I wash my raw denim jeans by wading into the sea at dusk while wearing them (best done at neap tide). If I time it just right, the jellyfish tentacles will clean them for me – lasts 6 months.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Pretty much, is that not what jeans are all about?

P-Jay
    Free Member

johnners – Member

Jeans cost ~£30, get washed every week and last a good 5yrs or so…….

I suspect he’s got more than one pair.

the-muffin-man

Mingers!

But then if you only pop down to the local artisan coffee shop your jeans won’t get mucky!

duckman

Not washing them means that when you do (for raw/selvedge) you get better fades.

letmetalktomark

I like the Levis engineered jeans – The twisted leg ones.

I bought some limited edition 10 year anniversary ones in 2008.

Ask me if I’ve washed them ….. go on I dares yeh. 😆

I’m currently breaking in some selvage ones that will get their first wash after about 9 months of wear.

Some of you are clearly dirty feckers 😆

My daily jeans – see other thread – get washed when dirty though.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

This thread is quite worrying, apart from the not washing thing, which is quite trivial really, it seems that, given the STW demographic, many of you seem to be unaware that people over the age of forty should not wear jeans!

jon1973
    Free Member

many of you seem to be unaware that people over the age of forty should not wear jeans!

It’s fine as long as you don’t have a gut that hangs over your belt.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 117 total)

The topic ‘Not washing jeans….’ is closed to new replies.