Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Not washing hands after number 2's in work toilets – Tell HR?
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I work in an industry where people should know better, yet recently I’ve seen people doing number 2’s and then rushing out avoiding washing their hands.

Apart from it being disgusting. Is it the sort of thing that you would tell your HR department, or just forget about it and hope I never catch D&V or worse off these idiots?

ads678

Why not tell the individual?

perchypanther
    Free Member

How do you know they were doing number 2’s?

That’s a bit judgemental.

They might have been taking drugs or masturbating.

gobuchul
    Free Member

How do you they are taking a dump?

Could be snorting a quick line?

Or are they rushing out to avoid the office snitch? 😀

Mister-P
    Free Member

Maybe they were sat in there playing Angry Birds or similar, avoiding working?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Why not tell the individual?

They rush out, and its a large organisation, you may not see them again, but yes I would if I did see them.

How do you they are taking a dump?

I don’t, but they were in a cubicle, therefore if not touching their own sh!t to open the door, they will have been touching someone elses sh!t to unlock the door before rushing out 😕

aP
    Free Member

Hand sanitiser in a quick-draw holster…

DickBarton

Doubt it would concern HR…

redmex
    Free Member

Some come here to sit and think
    Some come here to s–t and stink
    Some come here to play with their balls
    I come here to write on the walls

This was spotted on a wall as i had a pee, and then washed my hands

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Spread of infection where I work could result in death of people and measures being taken against the organisation.

However I can see your point that other organisation may not care about people smearing sh!t every where 😆

martinhutch

If it’s an infection control issue in a healthcare setting, bring it up.

EDIT: Too slow!

Otherwise, let the passive aggressive post-it onslaught begin.

dazh

therefore if not touching their own sh!t to open the door

I don’t know about other people’s toilet habits but I’m pretty sure I don’t touch my own sh*t when I go for a dump. Have you considered installing a spy-camera to prove your case? HR will surely take action once presented with the evidence.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Do you watch everybody’s keyboards?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Maybe they were sat in there playing Angry Birds or similar, avoiding working?

Aaaaaah! A China Cruise.

martinhutch

I’m pretty sure I don’t touch my own sh*t when I go for a dump.

It’s true, not wiping your arse does decrease the risk of this. Could be the future of toilet hygiene.

<writes memo to infection control lead>

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I don’t know about other people’s toilet habits but I’m pretty sure I don’t touch my own sh*t when I go for a dump

Err don’t you wipe your derrière?

You would be surprised

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Gary_M
    Free Member

recently I’ve seen people doing number 2’s and then rushing out avoiding washing their hands.

Not washing your hands after going to the toilet is disgusting but surely if you can see them coming out the cubicle and rushing out then you must be able to speak to them.

Or are you hiding in the toilets somewhere?

martinhutch

TBH even flushing with the lid up apparently spreads a miasma of aerosolised turdlet across the room, including your clothes etc.

rascal
    Free Member

This boils my piss – pun intended.

I work in a smallish studio with only 2 cubicles in the bog – no urinals.
    Trust me – when someone’s snapping off a length you can tell by the eye-watering pong – it’s like being mugged.
    Some of the dirty bastids then def go out without washing their hands – no excuse and disgusting.
    Loads don’t wash after a p*ss either.
    I always wash my hands but then have a pull a germ-riddled handle – so always open handle with a paper towel.
    Thing is these dirty boys then go and touch other stuff!

deepreddave
    Free Member

You’ve seen people doing number 2s? I wouldn’t be approaching HR with that story.

Fwiw a previous workplace of mine put up printed notices on the backs of the cubicle doors and above urinals reminding of hygiene. Don’t know how successful it was as I wasn’t observing BUT there are too many in public toilets who wazz and go. Euurgh.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

we all know that all decent people wash their hands when they know people are watching 😉

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

drlex
    Free Member

Loads don’t wash after a p*ss either

I also wash before one.

woody2000

a miasma of aerosolised turdlet

I am so using that 🙂

IHN

This boils my piss – pun intended.

I work in a smallish studio with only 2 cubicles in the bog – no urinals.
    Trust me – when someone’s snapping off a length you can tell by the eye-watering pong – it’s like being mugged.
    Some of the dirty bastids then def go out without washing their hands – no excuse and disgusting.
    Loads don’t wash after a p*ss either.
    I always wash my hands but then have a pull a germ-riddled handle – so always open handle with a paper towel.
    Thing is these dirty boys then go and touch other stuff!

Well, if this was causing a hygiene problem, surely there’d be loads of poisoned-via-poo-and-wee-triggered illness in the studio? Is there?

I think this is an area where people’s sense of disgustedness about the act often* massively outweighs the actual health risks caused by the act.

*but not always, because there are obviously scenarios, i.e food prep or healthcare, where the risk is much higher.

bedmaker

Well, if this was causing a hygiene problem, surely there’d be loads of poisoned-via-poo-and-wee-triggered illness in the studio? Is there?

I think this is an area where people’s sense of disgustedness about the act often* massively outweighs the actual health risks caused by the act.

That’s my thinking too, unless in medical or food prep environments.

My wife even had a go at me one day, all I was doing was multitasking eating a bag of crisps while decommissioning a few warheads. 😉

deadkenny
    Free Member

The sponge in the office (or home) kitchen sink is far worse for bacteria than someone’s shitty hands or toilet seat/door/handle.

Also worse is people with bad colds or flu coughing away and touching everything in sight. They’re the ones that need to wash their hands in the loo, and every time they sneeze.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Never underestimate a typical HR person’s desire to interfere with the lives of ‘their’ employees both in and indeed out of work.

I believe you’re supposed to have really pitiful signs saying “Now wash your hands” I’m not sure their is a requirement to actually do so unless you’re in certain industries.

Grimm though isn’t it – a lazy failure to follow one of the first rules we’re taught as children.

jimjam
    Free Member

It’s really quite simple. Open the stall door with your foot. Take a length of toilet roll in your hand, lock the door with it, lift the toilet lid with it, wipe the seat then pop it down the toilet.

Next, drop your trousers and pants. Hover 1mm above the toilet seat. Drop a ghost poo. Pull up trousers and pants. Take another length of toilet roll open lock, then open the stall door with your foot and go back into surgery. Doesn’t everyone do this?

oikeith

I don’t wash my hands often after going toilet unless I’m cooking, years of playing outside as a youth all day, peeing and eating with out cleaning my hands didn’t kill me then and won’t kill me now.

I also quite enjoy the game of going to the loo and getting out without washing and not bumping into anyone!

When I do wash my hands I am always surprised by how awful some people are at washing hands, a quick rinse of cold water, rubbing soap into your palms and not drying at all I think is worse then not not bothering at all if I remember conditions germs love to grow in correctly!

kerley
    Free Member

As HR typically exist to protect the company from harm by individuals actions they could actually be interested in this. Although in my experience they would pass it back to the manager to deal with by giving them wooly advice.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

All I can think of is….

SaxonRider

I am so on the side of those who are disgusted by others who do not wash after their business.

I mean, wtf?!? There should be some kind of alarm system on the exit, like George’s toilet book on Seinfeld.

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NygOFsExGMU[/video]

angeldust
    Free Member

I don’t wash my hands often after going toilet unless I’m cooking, years of playing outside as a youth all day, peeing and eating with out cleaning my hands didn’t kill me then and won’t kill me now.

I also quite enjoy the game of going to the loo and getting out without washing and not bumping into anyone!

I hope this is a troll.
    If not, this really demonstrates how dangerous ignorance can be.
    This is really nothing to be proud of. Do yourself, and those around you a favour, and wash your hands after you take a shit. Doofus :D.

project
    Free Member

Get some chocolate spread or something similar and spread on the inside of the toilet door handles,and around door with a big sign near by “WASH YOUR HANDS”

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

If it’s just pissing then that’s sterile .

senorj

I have a colleague who has a wee in the traps. He insists on wiping his penis vigorously with loo roll to avoid wembleys*.
    The first time I heard the vigorous wiping ,I was disturbed. At least he washes his mittens.
    *damp patch on underwear.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

I think it’s disgusting and reporting it to HR sounds like the sensible thing to do.

It’s basic hygiene and why someone would think it’s acceptable not to wash their hands after cutting a monkey tail is beyond me.

jimjam
    Free Member

project – Member

Get some chocolate spread or something

….smear it on the sink* (some on your face) and when you hear someone’s coming into the toilet start licking it off in a frenzied fashion.

*wash the sink first

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Not washing hands after number 2's in work toilets – Tell HR?’ is closed to new replies.