Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 139 total)
  • Not very interesting facts relating to you job.
  • Harry_the_Spider

Yes, I am bored.

The world speed record for a paper machine is 2010 m/min over a 24 hour period. That is a sheet of newsprint 10m wide and 1799 miles long.

That, my friends, is a fact.

theflatboy
    Free Member

75 mph… that is fast!

thomthumb
    Free Member

your average pipe lagging has a thermal conductivity of around 0.03 watts per meter per kelivin at room temperature falling to around 0.02 at -165 celcius. yawn!

yossarian
    Free Member

The pencil was invented by a swiss man, Albert Pencil, in 1835.

Harry_the_Spider

75 mph… that is fast!

It is. But it is not very interesting.

julianwilson
    Free Member

[Edit] Actually that first try was verging on mildly diverting (outer reaches of slightly intersting).

I’ll try again: one worrying potential side effect of the group of medicines known as phenothiazines is the prolongation of the Q-T interval.

IHN

The inventory tag number of my laptop is 011324.

Compared to trying to order email address for 1600 staff, the K-Hole sounds like a hoot..

postierich
    Free Member

I deliver to 608 address points and 26 of them have their mail redirected.

simonralli2
    Free Member

This is currently on our corporate home page

“England substitute fielder Gary Pratt, who controversially ran out Australian skipper Ricky Ponting during the 2005 Ashes, landed a £3,400 windfall for a pal who had placed £100 at 33/1 that Pratt would one day play for England.”

doc_blues
    Free Member

horses dont like bananas (or at least the twenty or so I have tried to feed them to)

theflatboy
    Free Member

Harry_the_Spider – Member

75 mph… that is fast!

It is. But it is not very interesting.

i thought it was. 🙂

ricochet_rob
    Free Member

The town where I work is near a big motorway services which goes near the south coast so we receive an abnormal amount of asylum seekers

lookmanohands
    Free Member

The KPI’s for heavily trafficed roads around birmingham is 15 minutes 😯

Leku
    Free Member

The Cherhill housetype has a 4th bedroom 2726mm x 3290mm.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I have just read postierich name correctly for the first time and realised he is a postie

I have always read it as ‘Posterior Itch’ but slightly mistyped

Cooroo
    Free Member

The new Wilkinson catalogue will feature 13 different sheds.

Harry_the_Spider

The new Wilkinson catalogue will feature 13 different sheds.

Now that is interesting.

elliptic
    Free Member

The crystal oscillator in a digital walkie-talkie is accurate to 0.0002 percent.

Stoner
    Free Member

Prime retail rents in Leeds are between £250 and £300 ITZA (In Terms of Zone A.)

….and falling… 🙂

jova54
    Free Member

WorldClassAccident – Member
    I have just read postierich name correctly for the first time and realised he is a postie

I have always read it as ‘Posterior Itch’ but slightly mistyped

Strange, I always thought it was ‘postreich’ 😉

IanMunro
    Free Member

The black toner catridge is a bit low.

ZuzusPedals
    Free Member

Older versions of photoshop are limited to a document size of less than 30000 pixels across.

samuri
    Free Member

Our internet facing infrastructure is attacked (where attack is a term used to describe traffic that is most likely malicious) on average, 50,000 times a day. Which is quite a lot.

eckinspain
    Free Member

50 000 middle-aged men aged between 35-55 in Spain claim to read Men’s Health every month

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Vodafone’s RBS2106 Cabinet has dimensions of 926mm x 1300mmx 1923mm making a total of 2.31m³.

uplink
    Free Member

When I ping our satellite it takes 260ms before I get the result back

trailmonkey

A child has to be a minimum age of 10 years, within the current term time, to receive on-road cycle training.

Caher

earlier it was warm and sunny now its cloudy.

BoardinBob

Healthcare costs in the US are 3.007 times more expensive than costs in Europe

sharki
    Free Member

Custard creams, donuts and 20 cups of tea a day, is not a balanced diet for a keen cyclist..

mudshark
    Free Member

I’ve just heard through the grapevine that release 12.1 of the system I work with will be out on Monday – probably meant to be a secret.

Roly

Cbeebies repeats the mornings’ programmes straight after lunch.

thegreatape
    Free Member

It is a criminal offence to impede a salmon.

vinnyeh

I’ve just found out that the kids have access to a grey crayon in the lounge, to judge from the artwork just appeared on the walls. Not looking forward to appraisal time..

runswithscissors

Our current stock of stamped euro pallets is very low (but we have way too many short boarded standards).

nickc

Call rate is currently 33.67 calls/hour, appointment to call rate is hovering around 75…some-one is slacking. Oh, that would be me…

thegreatape
    Free Member

It is also an offence to possess part of a badger.

And under the Vagrancy Act 1824 a person apprehended as an idle and disorderly person shall be deemed a rogue and vagabond and can be committed by a magistrate to a house of correction for up to 3 months.

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

Touching something energised at 630V DC is really bad. Mains is AC – alternating current – and tends to throw you clear if you happen to touch it. DC – Direct current – only flows one way so you stick and have been dragged/prised off. Nasty.

TM

noteeth
    Free Member

The new blood glucose monitors are **** huge!

donald
    Free Member

Some bugger’s finished the milk again

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 139 total)

The topic ‘Not very interesting facts relating to you job.’ is closed to new replies.