Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Not that anyone here needs reminding but DON'T USE DAVE HINDE.
  • maximusmountain
    Free Member

More for the people who lurk and haven’t seen a complaint in a while (like me when I ordered wheels from them).

The wheels were cheap (the only saving grace), in a 2x pattern when I asked for a 3x, 3 weeks late, refused a refund, wheels were 3mm out of true both vertically and laterally, spokes on drive side are 2mm too long (therefore weak) and they are generally arse holes.

More than happy to take my money, very dismissive of me once they had it, wheels are weak anyway so I bought some open pros from merlin that are being delivered tomorrow.

Would not use again, definately should be avoided.

Just remember, you get what you pay for.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Get them sued.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

HOW THE HELL DOES THIS WORK? Do you have email confirmation of the order? I really would be tempted to go ’round there if I lived near there!

PS Last thread was about, eerrm, 4 days ago? This really is the shop that keeps [un]forgiving :/

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Just been peering at a “Cycling Weekly” review of a Hinde bike and came across this gem:

“I also wanted a horizontal top tube. I still think of sloping top tubes as belonging on ladies’ bikes, no matter what performance benefits they might offer.”

Wow, just wow.

maximusmountain
    Free Member

I have also reported them to trading standards to see how that goes.

Their reasoning for refusing a refund was based on the distance sellers regulations of which I quoted for reasoning of a refund.

“anything that is built to a specification of the customer can not be returned or refunded” or words to that effect. Which I argued the toss on saying they aren’t machining the hubs for me, they are assembling the wheels which were not custom at all (the only custom thing was the spoke colours!) and were to their specifications.

LBS trued them firstly and now they are out of true but I have a feeling that’s to do with the rims not the LBS.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

anything that is built to a specification of the customer can not be returned or refunded

Well, it wasn’t built to your specification was it….

wwaswas

Well, it wasn’t built to your specification was it….

this.

they still have to supply goods of merchantable quality which these weren;t.

Jamie
    Free Member

How did you pay? As both credit and debit cards have chargeback features to help in these situations.

officialtob
    Free Member

Ninja edit Jamie 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

western union bank transfer

maximusmountain
    Free Member

Paid by debit card, now that I have the wheels and I have had them trued up by someone who knows what they are doing they are seriously light and will be good for road, they are not very good for what I bought them for (cross) which is annoying considering my first conversation with them.

“Oh yeah these stans alpha 340 are the best rims you can get for cross, they are light, strong and we build good wheels. Yep they will absolutely be fine for the three peaks cyclocross, infact they would be perfect for it given their weight! Yes we do have lots of people around us racing on these wheels and they are superb.” **** bull.

I have told trading standards everything, sent them copies of emails and transcripts of phone calls.

Jamie
    Free Member

Ninja edit Jamie

It’s how I roll 8)

wrecker
    Free Member

I wouldn’t normally say this but I just wish they’d go bust and stop ripping people off.

maximusmountain
    Free Member

Iolo, I purchased based on the spec of the product, only after I started to have issues did I google the shop and find the wealth of hatred across many cycling boards.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Aaah, OP brings some armament to the party – could he be the one to take the Mighty Hinde down?

steveoath
    Free Member

Gotta be Merlin for excellent service and wheels.

Klunk
    Free Member

these threads aren’t the same anymore, they (the Hinde corp) used to put up a stooge to rubbish the OP and generally try an muddy the waters. Just not the same 🙁

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Gutted to learn of this, I had my heart set on one of these cutting edge bargains…

http://www.davehinde.com/mountain-bikes/hinde-pro-frame.html

One of my favourite features is the race weight non replaceable mech hangers which is standard across the range

BristolPablo
    Free Member

Chun Li FTW

Pyro

Chun Li FTWKnickers

FTFY

orangeboy
    Free Member

Sure I’ve read of loads of people racing cross on alpha 340 rims. And the current ones are stronger than the first version
    But does depend on your weight and how even the tension is

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Not that anyone here needs reminding but DON'T USE DAVE HINDE.’ is closed to new replies.