Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Not taking own advice (race fail)
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Raced the Phil Corley RR this morning, and the new course was designed to inflict pain on just me alone.
    13 laps with a mile long big ring climb every lap which sent me backwards every time.
    I soon realized that I was quick everywhere else so decided to get near the front for the climb so I would only end up mid pack at the top. Kinda got it sorted until I went to close to the front just as two men went away somehow taking me with them 😯 anyway an attack on the climb was always going to do for me and I went straight off the back soon afterwards.
    Spent the rest of the race in solitude and assumed I was the LR. I pressed on anyway to the flag and was glad I did because the break I was away with that killed me also it appears did the same to a quarter of the field.
    Who were we giving advice to the other day? well it was good advice even for someone who's been doing it as long as me.
    Racing aging in two days so I'll take that lesson.

MrOvershoot

Top job OG 🙂

I did much the same in the early 80's on the Old Down race series, 1 hill that I usually got shelled out on, I decided to get a gap on the twisty bits before the hill.

Only to find later on when I finished between the race winning break & the bunch that I had started the split 😳

Wish I had stuck with racing now rather than beer & women 😉

zaskar
    Free Member

We don't need Lance, we have Oldgit!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Not taking own advice (race fail)’ is closed to new replies.