• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by bubs.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Not sweating the small stuff – Mortals riding bikes (moral, get out and do it!)
  • maxray
    Free Member

I ride in to work a couple of days a week, about 35k or so. Last night when I got home I realised my front dérailleur was not working so rode in today on the small chain ring on my compact chain set (Croix de Fer). I had also woken late and missed the porridge I normally have before I set off.

Now I thought this would have a big impact on my time cycling in but the reality was 1:22 instead of 1:20 the day before!

I know 2 mins is a lot if it was a race, but for mere mortals riding into work I think this is a good example that it is more important to get out and ride than worry too much about the fine details. 🙂

Gratuitous photo .. because bikes.. 😉

wonnyj
    Free Member

Nice bike!

nach
    Free Member

😀

Once replaced knobblies with semi-slicks for a 23 mile commute, expecting miracles. It knocked a grand total of four minutes off.

fingerbike
    Free Member

Bike is nice. The pic behind, lovely to see the little snoopy toy dog, used to have one of them, wondering what happened to it now.

oliverracing

I used to turn up to club rides on my cx bike so I could either go out with the road lot or the mtb lot depending on who turned up. The roadies always were amazed when I kept up with them, as were the MTBers when I followed them through/down everything they did on 140mm full suss bikes.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Try small chain ring with porridge tomorrow and see how that goes 🙂

MrOvershoot

oliverracing – Member
    I used to turn up to club rides on my cx bike so I could either go out with the road lot or the mtb lot depending on who turned up. The roadies always were amazed when I kept up with them, as were the MTBers when I followed them through/down everything they did on 140mm full suss bikes.

😉

maxray
    Free Member

centralscrutinizer this is true, that could have been the difference. Or the fact I had commuted the day before. 😀

maxray
    Free Member

fingerbike, the painting behind is lovely.. not sure it is £2350 lovely though!

Daffy

You need to pedal harder. 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

For a time trial I once flipped and slammed my stem and fitted clip on tri bars.

Made tons of difference, I smashed my PB by about 2 mins 🙂

tenfoot

I took 10 minutes off my 1 hour commute tonight.

It had nothing to do with the tailwind I had, no sir.

bubs

My kids now play with one of those pull-along dogs, the same one I played with many, many years earlier. Parents lofts are a veritable treasure trove.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Not sweating the small stuff – Mortals riding bikes (moral, get out and do it!)’ is closed to new replies.