Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • (Not so) steamy windows
  • scotroutes

Through a combination of circumstances I’m thinking about buying some new specs for riding and other outdoor pursuits. I’ve been using Oakley Half Jackets for a few years now (and I’m very happy with Oakley as a brand) but I was wondering if there were other styles that were less prone to misting up.

I prefer no frame on the bottom of the lens if at all possible.

I’ll be fitting prescription Transition lenses (though it’s not a strong prescription).

Happy to buy from RxSport/whoever.

rs
    Free Member

Not sure if you can get them over there but Ryders anti-fog glasses plus contacts is my solution.

ElShalimo

Have a look at Cebe glasses.

scotroutes

No contacts.

Aye, but what style? I’m trying to determine if there are factors that contribute/prevent misting up.

Northwind

IME there’s no permanent coating that’s as good as a temporary one- nikwax visorproof is uncanny. It doesn’t last that long per application but the bottle lasts forever, I’m still using one i bought in 2002. (I don’t know if you can apply it over a factory antifog coating, I’ve never dared)

scotroutes

Something like Visorproof is an option but I was wondering what style of frame/lens was least problematic. e.g. something held off the face/nose? something with vents?

Northwind

Sorry, I can’t read. Er, twice.

scotroutes

You need specs mate 🙂

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Doesnt it depend on YOUR face?

You have my sympathies though. My glasses are off within 2 mins of starting a climb

njee20
    Free Member

Away from face definitely better, I find shallower lenses better too, as you get airflow around the cheeks. Personally I use Oakley Radars/Radarlocks most of the time and love them. Photochromic lenses mist up more, but only when I stop. Vented or unvented seems not to make much difference for me.

Would suggest it’s entirely dependent on your face shape though.

Houns

If you’re in no hurry then I’ll bring a few different pairs up with me for you to try. I’m hoping to pop up in a couple of weeks time

benp1

I’ve never had a problem with fogging up when on the move, only when I stop. As soon as I’m moving again it’s fine
    Same on bicycle and motorbike

scotroutes

I think my choice is going to be restricted by ny requirement for Transition lenses anyway.

filks

As above – isn’t it about the fit on your face? Horses for courses – half jackets are great on me but aren’t for everyone. Afraid there’s no substitute for trying them on and getting a feel for ventilation. I had some tifosi duro’s that had a gap in the lens and they never seemed fog…..in the summer – oh hang on…

beanum

I’m loving my Oakley Radar EV, the vents seem to help with fogging up…

I used to have some Adidas Evil Eyes that had loads of vents and the three position arms which I really liked. They got totally scratched (my fault) unfortunately…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘(Not so) steamy windows’ is closed to new replies.