Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Not riding.
  • tacopowell
    Free Member

For one reason or another I haven’t been riding of late, pretty much missed out on summer,
    What happened out there?

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Was out twice this week, trails dry and fast and its pretty warm. Still in short sleves and shorts here

Still time, get off the forum go ride

tacopowell
    Free Member

get off the forum go ride

Working (in the loosest term) and when I’m not working, I’m building my own business, Spare time is not something I have much of.

molgrips
    Free Member

It was damp in the West apparently but I spent most of it working in Hampshire/Surrey so I got loads of dry riding in in the evenings on my rigid El Mar. Loved the bike, fitness went through the roof, it was great 🙂

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Tell me bout it 4 weeks with lurgy AND I’ve not been on here much! I mean what’s with that, strange ay.

I’d say go ride before heavy rain sets in on these thankful days of sunlight

isitafox
    Free Member

I don’t ride, I just own 4 bikes and pretend that one day I’ll use them

chakaping
    Free Member

You will ride if you need to, you won’t of you don’t.

Don’t get stressed about it either way.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Spare time is not something I have much of.

This is life, it’s not a practice. Live it. Having loads of money is nothing if you haven’t got your health. You must be thinking that something is not right otherwise why make the post?

You can make the time.

tacopowell
    Free Member

This is life, it’s not a practice. Live it.

[video]https://youtu.be/YB7qmJOYuZA[/video]

You can make the time.

Me making time

[video]https://youtu.be/nG2rNBFzkGE[/video]

Fact is I’m in a transitional position at the moment that requires me to work my 30+ hr job while working another 30+ hours working to get my business up and running.

jekkyl

I’ll bet you’ll wish you’d spent more time doing work on your death bed.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Working (in the loosest term) and when I’m not working, I’m building my own business, Spare time is not something I have much of.

When I have a schedule like this, I find riding/fitness is massively beneficial to my productivity and well being. You CAN find an hour or so, get out there.

Stevet1
    Free Member

I’ll bet you’ll wish you’d spent more time doing work on your death bed.

if he designs death beds for a living then maybe he would.

nickjb
    Free Member

When I have a schedule like this, I find riding/fitness is massively beneficial to my productivity and well being. You CAN find an hour or so, get out there.

agree. Many a time I’ve been working long hours, nip out out for an hour or so then go back to work. Clears the head and keeps me fresh and sane.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

You missed a belting september – summer was a bit 50/50 though

scandal42
    Free Member

Summer was mostly cloudy and grey, not much rain but pretty shit to look at.

Last night however, that was perfect. Bright moon and beautiful riding at the chase in the dark for the 1st time, trails were dry for the most part.

I have plenty of time to ride and don’t get out as much as I probably should do, don’t beat yourself up about it but do try and find an hour, you’ll love it 🙂

MrOvershoot

thestabiliser – Member

You missed a belting September

As was the first week of October when I just happened to have a weeks holiday and no wife to look after, sat out in shorts & short sleeves at a pub 1/2 way through rides was great 😀

It’s all change now, trails were reasonably dry last night, but the cold is coming. There was a frost on my car when I got back from the post ride pub beer sesh.

I’d got really quite bike fit pre holiday abroad at the start of August, then lost it all again, illness, busyness etc. Back into it now a bit, but a spell working away from home will resign me to weekend riding again. When it’s cold and wet on a Sunday morning, it’s a hard push to get the bike out sometimes

badnewz
    Free Member

Probably my worst summer for getting out on the bike for 10 years. Hit the gym but have now largely lost any fitness gains through illness and eating and drinking too much.
    But I’m planning to turn it around this autumn. Trails in Hertfordshire looking good at the mo.

thomthumb
    Free Member

+1. I need a plan of action. eg.
    today: make sure the bike works.
    tommorrow, plan a 1 hour route, and commit to a day time to ride.
    day 3 – ride bike.

small steps.

Beagleboy

For the past 20 or so years, I’ve always seen riding my bike as a social thing, getting out with others and having a laugh. Over the last couple of years though that scene has slowly fizzled out.

I’ve gone from 3-5 bike rides a week down to maybe once a fortnight if I’m lucky and even though I still enjoy the rides, I’m just not feeling the motivation or excitement that would have me kitted up and rushing out the door on a work night, or planning a whole day out on the hills at the weekend.

Kinda worried that I’m just going off the whole ‘biking’ thing. Especially as I was planning on getting a new bike in the spring. I know I always struggle for motivation at this time of year as the nights draw in, but I’m riding less now than I’ve ever done in my 25yrs of mtb ownership.

Anyone fancy coming up to Stirling and giving me a boot up the arse? I think I really need it….snivel…whimper…..drip…drip (that’s my bogey nose BTW).

C. 😳

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Not riding.’ is closed to new replies.