Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Not ridden new bike shocker!!!! Arrgh!
  • robdob
    Free Member

New Pitch Pro arrived Thursday morning (well I picked it up from Leeds). Set it up, changed grips and put pedals on.

Still sitting in lounge. Not put a leg over it yet. (I really have not had time)

Problem is now, I do want to ride it, but the longer I leave it the less I want to get it dirty.

I need help!!!! 🙁

Jamie
    Free Member

I will take it off your hands and bring it back dirty. Prob solved.

robdob
    Free Member

You ain’t touching it, sunshine. 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I can send you a pic of mine dirty so you know what it looks like….

hora
    Free Member

dibbs on the frame/rear shock

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Hora, you don’t ever keep anything long enough to ride it do you?

😉

hora
    Free Member

PP aye. Sometimes the length of ownership is so short it doesnt even touch my hands/leave my card…..only this morning I sighed and virtually owned a Intense Spyder VP 😀

Hairychested
    Free Member

lol!

hora
    Free Member

Appeal- Please fairy Godmother, buy me a Intense VP. Please 😐

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Sometimes the length of ownership is so short it doesnt even touch my hands/leave my card

You do realise you have a problem don’t you? Like a woman buying shoes…..

I’ve just sold a bike I’ve had for 18 months. It felt like I’d only just bought it, TBH. It’s gotta be about the shortest time I’ve ever owned any bike, apart from a nicked one and a snapped one….
    😀

hora
    Free Member

My Blur4x was with me for 13months and the Heckler before for 18months. Pay fullprice and it stays. However if I paid £1700 for a frame it wouldnt leave me. ****, thats alot of money!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Fairy Nuff.
    😀

robdob
    Free Member

My very understanding wife (who paid for the bike and hasn’t minded it being sat in the lounge since it arrived) did say I can never sell it. And I HAVE to ride it lots.

Not really any negatives there, is there?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

So, why you not riding it under those instructions then?

🙂

geoffj

I once bought and sold a Scandal frame without even opening the box 🙁

mcspamhammer
    Free Member

I got my shiny new weapon out yesterday and and after a filthy couple of hours, gave it a good wash and put it away. 😉

robdob
    Free Member

Literally no time to get out on it. Applying for new job all weekend and very busy otherwise. 🙁

pk-ripper
    Free Member

i bought a brand new stumpjumper FSR pro before christmas. It’s not been ridden yet…

robdob
    Free Member

Wow! Can anyone beat that? Does anyone want to own up?

pk-ripper
    Free Member

in my defence, there’s a couple of bits I want to change on it (stem, tubeless, pedals, grips etc), I just rode the ti hardtail instead while I get around to doing it!

But, with an impending work trip, I think mid to end of march will be first ride!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

there’s a couple of bits I want to change on it (stem, tubeless, pedals, grips etc), I just rode the ti hardtail instead while I get around to doing it!

How do you know? Some of the standard bits might be fine, but you have no idea having not ridden it, do you?

😉

pk-ripper
    Free Member

ah, but it’s a want, and not a need to change.

I’ve bought a thomson stem to replace the spesh one, to drop the front end slightly, it has crank brothers pedals, which I’ve used before and hate, it has brown grips so they have to be swapped to black, and i like the ride feel of tubeless.

Sometimes I feel like I’m singlehandedly supporting the economy… :mrgreen:

robdob
    Free Member

Well someone has to. 🙂

MrNutt
    Free Member

I can’t be arsed to clean my FILTHY bike, I feel hellishly guilty!

GJP
    Free Member

I bought one of my road bikes in Nov and never road it until the following June waiting for that good old British Summer to arrive!

boobs

GJP did you go abroad in June? Or just get lucky? 😀

Dibbs
    Free Member

I’ve had my Whyte 19 TI frame since before xmas and I still can’t ride it as I’m waiting for the cranks 😥

Carbis

New Turner Spot bought 22nd November 2008, not yet ridden, going with me to the Lakes this weekend.

robdob
    Free Member

Looks like I’m not the worst! Anyway, had to attend an alarm call at 6am so will finish at 3pm. I will ride it when I get home! Woo-hoo!

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Not ridden new bike shocker!!!! Arrgh!’ is closed to new replies.