Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Not ridden MTB since 26er wheels What to Buy?
  • bukobuko
    Free Member

I miss the Adrenalin rush and being covered in Mud, What mountain bike would you recommend for max budget 2k maybe I dont need to spent that much. I’m looking for maximum thrills on the hills, Hardtail? full sus? so many wheel sizes now. Riding lake district, North Wales, north west Yorkshire not so much trail centers.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

S/H Orange five I think would cover all that.

Not sure you could get a new one for 2k though.

Don’t get hung up on wheel sizes. If you liked 26 – get a S/H 26 for peanuts now. Or go 650b to be nearer what was 26, but right up there with the ever-shifting trends (of standards and built in obsolescence).

Try a 29 – see what you think. Not my bag personally though.

honourablegeorge
    ctk
    Free Member

FS 29er if you are tall. FS 27.5 if not.

jekkyl

For 2k I’d go full sus with a dropper, have a gander in your local bike shop. Preferably tubeless ready wheels n tyres with reasonable forks. Don’t forget all the gubbins if you haven’t go them already.
    Gloves, helmet, track pump, tools, camelbak, lights etc.

jolmes
    Free Member

Could probably get a Bird Aeris for that budget, lifetime transferable warranty on the frame, excellent customer service, cracking bikes for the buck.

peepingtom
    Free Member

2016 Trance 2 ..£1999 .

Saccades
    Free Member

Don’t get hung on wheel size, do make sure whatever you buy takes a tapered steerer.

mboy
    Free Member

VERY difficult to look past this for around the £2k mark…

http://www.mbr.co.uk/reviews/27-5-full-suspension-bikes/whyte-t-130-works-scr-review

Unless you don’t like the colour that is!

tom200

29er obvs, won’t tell the difference otherwise.

bukobuko
    Free Member

Wow thanks people. 2016 Trance 2 Looks very good value. Orange bikes are out my price range(always have been). SPECTRAL AL 6.0 Flipping amazing value definitely interested in one of them. My last mtb was a 2010 fsr I’m going to ring around and see if any demo bikes are available, It is confusing on paper because I never had any problems with a 26er so I need to get out on on something to make my mind up.

ps Has anyone ridden a CUBE STEREO 140 27.5/29ER?

choppersquad
    Free Member

Paul’s Cycles has the 2015 Giant Trance 1 for 1700 of your well earned quid.
    Lots of bike for the cash.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Not ridden MTB since 26er wheels What to Buy?’ is closed to new replies.