Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Not ridden for 2 weeks – what's your threshold before madness/temper loss occurs
  • BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Due to travel with work/children’s birthday parties and other time consuming stuff I’ve not ridden in 2 weeks and a late appointment on Thursday means I could miss this weeks night ride as well.

How long does it take you before you literally have a ‘Fallling Down’ moment due to lack of trail?

mrmo
    Free Member

i can usually get to 3 days before i get narky.

woody2000

No more than a week before some kind of “outburst” IME :-$

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Then this weekend I’ve got to go a wedding, fair enough is a free day out, which means I’m missing the Kielder 100; sorry to moan

hambl90
    Free Member

It depends on the reason, if I’m doing diy it’s two days max.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

A week

RichPenny
    Free Member

I can’t tell the difference

*twitch*

binners

Wel judging from daughter number ones comment at the weekend – “daddy, you get really grumpy when you’ve not been out on your bike”‘ – not long

yunki
    Free Member

three days is pushing it to the limit, but I rarely get to ride more than once a week so you can imagine how much fun it is in my house.. 😐

xcneil
    Free Member

3 days tops

Slogo
    Free Member

Its been 8 months here!

Ive even been whoring the web buying a new build, its all boxed waiting for me to build when i get home end of september!

tazzymtb

48hrs without exercise and I start getting narky. more than a week and I’m flippin foul to be near.

foureyes
    Free Member

3 days before i disgrace myself, less if its raining as my spidey super sense can feel the trails dissolving

mikertroid
    Free Member

I can only manage one down day between rides before I become a disaster zone! Only bearable if I know I’ve got a long ‘punishment ride’ to make up for the time out of saddle!

lungman

Normally I would say 3-4 days max, bt it’s been 9 weeks now due to a broken ankle+pins and I’ve yet to murder any one

bigdean

It about 5 days in our house. Me with the bike and the mrs running. If we both dont get out then its arguments galore.
    Oh if DIY is involed about 1 day.

Wookster

Three to four days….less of the last ride was a bad one!! I get the “why don’t you go out on your bike” from Mrs Wookster now if I don’t get out enough!

daftvader
    Free Member

according to mrs vader its about ten minutes!!! in reality its about 2-3 days. its now been 2 months off the mtb and only once on the road cos of a wrist injury…. Thanks the deity of your choice for turbo trainers 😀

MoreCashThanDash

Depends on the reason – if I’m ill or injured, about 12 hours, planned holidays I can cope with a week, general “Faff of Life” I last 3-4 days before being told to go out and clear my head

_tom_
    Free Member

Couple of days off at least the road bike and i get restless.. i can go over a week not being on the mtb though, I’m used to it due to lack of good local trails!

hainman
    Free Member

i have crohn’s disease and went through a right bad turn and never went out in over a month,really wanted to but lack of sleep and eating= no energy or will power…..
    now i feel it when i do go out,lack the sharpness i had before so need to get something sorted…….unfortunatley this happens quite alot with crohns disease

neil853
    Free Member

Due to various set backs/p$ss taking shops my bike has been off the road for what will be three weeks now, have to say i’m getting very close to my limit to time off the bike now 🙁

MarinNo8
    Free Member

Oh, about 48hrs then I start to get anguish that I haven’t ridden.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i work away alot – i get narky quickly if i get no exercise – ive got a body weight routine i do when im away and running – keeps me slightly sane and clears the head of work thoughts – which can be hard sometimes when your living with your co-workers who want to talk work at the dinner table – i usually solve that by eating at different times after ive been running

ribena
    Free Member

I can easily go without MTB’ing, but a week or so without exercise drives me mad, and more concerning, i drive everyone else mad too.

bigrich

i recently seperated my shoulder, five weeks off the bike. In the five weeks since the surgeon said I could ride ‘if I really had to’ I’ve done 1500km.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Not ridden for 2 weeks – what's your threshold before madness/temper loss occurs’ is closed to new replies.