• This topic has 17 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Bez.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Not really a gamer – recommend me some Xbox 360 games
  • kevj
    Free Member

We have had an Xbox 360 sitting under the TV since last Christmas which we bought for my eldest son. He plays mostly on Toy Story or Lego Harry Potter games and Mrs J & I only really use it to stream movies and music from the main PC.
    I am missing out on a whole world of entertainment here (Missus is watching X factor FFS!).

So, what games would you recommend?
    Last time I used to play regularly was the first Tomb Raider on the PS1, then I found beer and girls!!

jon1973
    Free Member

If you like shooting things, Battlefield 3 is out soon. Need for Speed, Hot Pursuit is a great driving/chase game, and probably quite cheap now.

thetabber
    Free Member

gears of war 1&2 (not played 3 yet) and the call of duty games (world at war is a good starting point). All slightly older and therefore cheap but good fun to be had if you fancy some mindless amusement.

tomsk01
    Free Member

About the only game I ever played on when I had access to one was Grand Theft Auto IV, was one of the most involving, best designed and fun games I’ve ever played, good for relieving stress too 🙂

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Fallout 3 goty edition and kiss your social life goodbye.

Cougar

What do you like?

I’m really, really enjoying Portal 2 at the moment. The first Portal on is available on XBL (“Still Alive”) for not much money, or in The Orange Box from a used game purveyor of choice. If you liked TR, you’ll really like Portal I reckon.

Best action game I’ve played in a while was Red Dead Redemption. Adult themes / language but a good story and really engaging characters.

Many hours of gaming to be had on XBL’s back catalogue of downloadable demos.

dan98
    Free Member

Splinter cell Conviction is a great game!! Bit sneaky beaky and shoot em up!! Any of the Modern Warfare games and as previous poster has said Battlefield 3 out on the 28th…..

Martz
    Free Member

+1 for Gears 1-2
    Batman Arkham Asylum
    Orange Box (mainly for Portal)
    Portal 2 if you enjoyed the above, puzzle tastic and quality voice acting by Stephen Merchant.

Loads of older quality games to be had for under a tenner.

fubar
    Free Member

Batman Arkham Asylum.
    Gears of War (1 or 2).
    one of the Halo games (probably Halo 2 is my favourite)

Oh and don’t bother spending £40 on the latest games. There are loads of great games (some of the above) knocking around at £10 to £20.

kevj
    Free Member

Cheers for all the replies!

Have looked into Portal 2, think I’ll start there and see if I get into it.

My brother in law has Gears of war so might borrow that for a few nights too.

atlaz
    Free Member

Call of Duty games if only for the multiplayer.
    Grand theft auto (or grand theft horse aka Red Dead Redemption)
    Mass Effect 1 or 2

akira

Borderlands is very good.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

+1 for Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Also GTA4 is a game yet to be bettered.

GW
    Free Member

MX Vs ATV Alive or Reflex (both play quite differently from each other) are the games I’ve spent most time playing in the past few years.
    the timing, learning of tracks, looking out for changing lines/terrain, anticipating gaps appearing for overtaking and knowing what speed/when to seatbounce (pump), weight shifting for grip (although this one is a bit weird in these games) whipping/styling jumps and being as smooth as possible to go fastest is the closest thing to riding MTB for me.

if you’re returning to gaming from PS1 times you’ll find most Xbox/Ps3 games take up masses more of your time to get into, even the control system for most games is much mote compliated.
    I find most FPS take loads of time to get any good at/learn the maps (even more so if they’re more tactical/thinking type games) the COD games are about as strategially deep as I an cope with online without absolutely sucking.
    Tombraider underworld is atually quite decent if you liked the old PS1 versions and you’ll pick it up v. cheap. I thought Batman Arkham Asylum had a kind of tombraider/metal gear beat-em up feel to also v. good and cheap.

racefaceec90

may i recommend this if you like role playing games(coming out on 11.11.11 😉 [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSL-r9AIEEU[/video] i am literally jumping up and down with excitement for this game 😀 also oblivion has just been re issued (for £24.99 it includes 2 extra downloadable content shivering isles and knights of the nine quests/and a making of dvd. believe me you can literally spend years playing oblivion 😯

racefaceec90

review of oblivion [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWcHEBJ0wmY[/video] 😀 i don’t think you can get more game for the money 😉

redthunder
    Free Member

Any Halo game.

Bez

The only one I’ve ever played more than twice is Forza.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Not really a gamer – recommend me some Xbox 360 games’ is closed to new replies.