Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Not racist but, would you date a woman who was Muslim?
  • drinkmoreport
    Free Member

so, would you?

grumm
    Free Member

Is she hot?

crouch_potato
    Free Member

sexist.

Moses

Yes. Got a phone number at a party last Saturday.
    Mind, the amount she was drinking & smoking, I don’t think she was very strict about her religion.

wee-al
    Free Member

Yes if i liked her. Why are you asking this question?

peachos
    Free Member

hell yeah – think of all the currys!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Depends if it’s a big issue or not….

If anything (Lifestyle, work, eating habits etc) took over their life and they tried to force it on me, I’d be off like a shot, otherwise I don’t see why not. Live and let live and all that….

Mrs PP is veggie, but I respect that, she respects my meat eating and that’s as far as it goes.

uplink
    Free Member

Would this un-named woman cook bacon butties?

if no – no chance
    if yes – I’d need to interview her first 🙂

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

You’re not racist but you still feel the need to ask that question?

Should it matter two flying f00ks what ethnicity or religion someone is if you like em?

kimbers

if she was hot, of course

wrong question really

its like saying would you date a christian

is she devoutly religous does she wear a full burkha

for me, the question would be would you date someone stupid enough to practise any form of relgion?

SiB
    Free Member

Makes no odds if she’s butt ugly or drop dead gorgeous if she’s got a burkha on – its all in the eyes!.

richc
    Free Member

of course its not racist, but it is sectarian.

coffeeking
    Free Member

While I applaud the “what does her religion matter?” comments for their broad thinking, many religions and cultures are hard to bring together in a relationship. I couldn’t date someone with very different beliefs than my own, simply because I would find myself in conflict more often than is healthy. I’m sure it does work, plenty of times, but it’s not for me.

alpin
    Free Member

is this the lucky lady?

or this one?

Stoner
    Free Member

I wouldnt date anyone with strongly held religious views, obviously (see previous posts, passim, ad nauseum 🙂 )

but if they were “muslim” in the same way that the vast majority of hypocritical middle class “christians” are in this country AND her family didnt have substantial bearing on her life choices/religion (weddings/boyfriends, nooky before marriage etc) then it wouldnt matter two hoots as long as I was attracted to her.

alpin
    Free Member

thinking about it, i wouldn’t be with anyne who ‘believes’ in a fictional character.

i’d be thinking all the time that they are thick as shit. goes for all religions except alpinism.

lowey

Where’s Junkyard and Hora when you need them ?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Not racist, but.. would that be in the same way the BNP are

not racist but…

. Which is the same way as someone who doesn’t know the difference between race and religion. Or would you be assuming that a certain skin colour /race assumes a certain religion, and then ne trying to claim that’s

not racist but..

montylikesbeer

its all about the person inside and religion has nothing to do with it in my view, so yes I would and have.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Religion has nothing to do with the person inside? I find that a very odd suggestion.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Why not?

My Mrs is Catholic.

And I’m not.

kimbers

because every time i got drunk id start an argument trying to bait her with the sheer ludicrous insanity of it all

it is a character flaw i just cant shift

hora
    Free Member

A good mate of mine is a Muslim (not practicing)- shes a catch and a half so I dont see what the problem is. The only problem is if she is practising. You would have to either convert or both live in limbo.

Nick

not racist but,

yeah right

angeldust
    Free Member

‘hell yeah – think of all the currys!’

Even in jest that comment just makes you look really ignorant. Can I suggest you look up where in the world the major Islamic populations are situated and then look up thier traditional cuisine.

Android
    Free Member

If she has a long beard, and a ticking rucksack – no 😀

MrAgreeable

Are you the guy who wanted to take a date bivvying? Do it, you’ll only need to bring one bag. 😉

surfer
    Free Member

Are you the guy who wanted to take a date bivvying? Do it, you’ll only need to bring one bag

😀

noteeth
    Free Member

My attitude towards dating believers is nicely summed up by Peep Show – specifically, the look of utter confusion on David Mitchell’s face when the uber-fit raven-haired band manager woman starts wibbling on about the healing power of crystal skulls. 😀

G
    Free Member

No reason not to unless you are planning on it getting serious. IF you are then you’ll have to figure out how hard you are prepared to fight for what you want, and what compromises you are prepared to make, in the possible scenario that the religious and cultural background thing is a barrier. Personally its a no-brainer, go for it.

hora
    Free Member

If she has a long beard, and a ticking rucksack – no

Sorry I object to that and some of the other references. Seriously. Its crossing into racist and this isnt an oldschool factory floor in the 70’s.

zaskar
    Free Member

I wouldn’t date anyone who couldn’t think for themselves without needing any book etc.

So no to any religious lady.

And some women wouldn’t date an Athiest Male anyway.

Why have you asked one out drinkmoreport? I didn’t think they dated depending on the culture they are from.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Dont see how anyone who “isnt practicing” can consider themselves any religion. You either are or you are not religious. If you dont follow the religion to the T you surely cant claim to be part of it? I mean technically I’m christian, but I’ve not held such views since they were thrust upon me when I was 5, by my school. Ever since I’ve been officially christian but had absolutely nothing to do with religion at all.

trailmonkey

In my book, the salient question would be – Is she a psycho hose beast ? Religion wouldn’t come into it.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Shooting for high standards there then, trailmonkey? 😀

Where did the hose come into things anyway? Is it a new sexual kink?

hora
    Free Member

Is she a psycho hose beast ?

Going to stick my neck out on this one….they are all bad….just different levels of…

zaskar
    Free Member

Thats your projection coffeeking. 😆

I think dating others comes with values and similar interests.

It’s like saying would you date a woman who hated black people-hell no as I’m not racist.

Or dating a woman who hated cycling-which I am… 👿

JimmyB
    Free Member

My partner (7weeks away from being wife!) is a Sikh, she says that what you need to worry about is not her religion but what the rest of the family are like.

She may be living away from home & living it up just now but there may be more ‘pull’ back to the family fold later in life. You wouldn’t believe the push for arranged marriages these girls get and a lot of them give in in the end.

I think basically give it a go if you really like her but don’t be suprised if you’re not welcomed with open arms by the family……

coffeeking
    Free Member

Caught out, damnit.

zaskar
    Free Member

JimmyB-make sure you’re on good behaviour, don’t drink and wear a suit when you meet her family. Ok go buy a nice suit-looks good anyway.

Also Sikhs-well their religion is about treating others equally and respect/righteousness for all. It’s their culture which controls some of them. Some are modern and some are old fashioned.

Don’t give up and give a great 1st impression of how great you are. Yes you might be hated at first meet but who cares as long as you love each other.

Been there! 8)

I always find it strange meeting GF’s parents and the Mother of GF is more interested in you than GF?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Not racist but, would you date a woman who was Muslim?’ is closed to new replies.