• This topic has 12 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by lump.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Not quite Sufferfest…
  • ninkynonk
    Free Member

A lack of cycling for far too many reasons mean I’m fast turning into a lump of lard. 🙁

I’m trying to motivate myself midweek to do a couple of TT sessions (can’t nip out on the bike as I’m looking after the kids).

I’ve got a couple of Sufferfests but if I’m honest at the moment they are a bit too extreme.

Does anyone know of similar but say 30mins in duration and slightly less hardcore? I’ve tried just riding with an iPod but find the lack of “instruction” makes it a bit boring.

cheers

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Look up trainerRoad.com there’s a massive thread on here about it too. I think you can pay one month at a time too so it’s possible to give it a go without too much finical commitment.

jam-bo

Time crunched sessions on trainer road are good.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

GCN on YouTube have a playlist of training videos for free.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

sufferfest/trainerroad, turned down to 85%?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

You could try Zwift. As a proper training tool I would say it’s not great but if your just plodding it’s worth a go… If you have Ant + etc

sweaman2
    Free Member

As above trainer road is both your best friend and your worst enemy in this case…. You’ll love to hate it but I reckon it works. Since Sweajnr1 came along 18 months ago I’ve been using Trainer road 2 to 3 times / week and I think I’m as fit if not fitter than before (based on cleaning tricky climbs and who I can keep up with when I do get outside)

frogstomp

sufferfest/trainerroad, turned down to 85%?

This. Do the Sufferfest videos but turn the resistance down / choose an easier gear to reflect your current perceived effort scale. It only takes a few sessions before you start to improve..

IanMunro
    Free Member

Zwift.
    Just try drafting someone going at a similar pace.

trevorderuise
    Free Member

Here’s the Singletrack thread if you want to take a look: TrainerRoad – STW Approved Sessions

TR has a ton of workouts already made that are under an hour, or you can always build your own. Like jam bo mentioned, the Time Crunch workouts are great, but you may want to tone down the intensity a bit on these ones if you’re looking to avoid ‘hard core’. You can filter in the app though for workouts under 60 min, and you’ll be able to find plenty that fit exactly what you’re looking for. You can check out a bit more on it here: How it Works

Professional Mountain Bike Racer & Community Manager at TrainerRoad – Cycling’s Most Effective Training Tool

Superficial
    Free Member

Which sufferfest videos do you have? Some are more unpleasant than others – I’ve got a sprint intervals one (can’t remember name) that’s utterly horrible, it makes me vomit and pass out (I know, I know, that means it’s working, right?). Whereas others are not as bad.

scruff9252

Rule #10 //

It never gets easier, you just go faster

lump

Ive been giving this a go, very impressed so far

http://www.turbotraining.co.uk/

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Not quite Sufferfest…’ is closed to new replies.