Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Not putting wax jackets in the washing machine..
  • jwt
    Free Member

Aldi do a cleaning solution similar to the stuff you can put through a dishwasher, but designed for your washing machine.Not sure if it’s designed to remove wax? You could also try calgon?

Toddboy
    Free Member

Buy her a new washing machine and then tell her it’s an early Christmas present. She’ll be well pleased………..honest 😆

ninfan
    Free Member

You cant win here

Burn the evidence and deny all knowledge

maccruiskeen

You cant win here

Deny all knowledge

Shit on the stairs.

CountZero

really want to know how this one ends… do let us know

It may not be the OP who updates us…
    And why on earth try to remove the original wax? You just buy more wax to add to what’s already there, thus achieving the dark, shiny finish that a proper Belstaff should have!
    Along with frayed cuffs, patches and a thoroughly disreputable air of shabby old age beloved of proper country folk; it’s how you tell them apart from townies who are just pretending…
    The washing instructions state that you should just wash off any dirt and mud with cold water, allow to dry then re-wax.
    I use Renapur wax, it’s much easier than using the Belstaff stuff you have to melt.
    http://www.renapur.com
    You can use it on all sorts of stuff, leather, vinyl, waxed cotton…

oink1
    Free Member

Off to your local supermarket & a couple of bags of soda crystals. Boil washes. Sorted.

Nipper99
    Free Member

Well, 3 boil washes, 2 boxes of Dr Beckmann and 4 bottles of lemon juice and the inside is sparkling and the water is not beading off the door and drum anymore. Last wash had a white t shirt in and there are no little blobs on it so hopefully all is well. I’ve hidden the Barbour in the garage and any more mysterious blobs I will deny all knowledge of for as long as my conscience holds out.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Until she reads this thread.

avdave2

Until she reads this thread.

Or goes to put something in the bin. You have taken the empty packets and bottles and buried them in the woods haven’t you Nipper

i_like_food

Brilliant thread. Impressive f-up Nipper, but fantastic recovery. 🙂

Beagleboy

Thank you for saving me from a beating Nipper. I’d actually been considering popping my 20 yr old Drizabone into the washing machine to clean off some of the grime before re-waxing it. Now I know better. I’ll just be giving it a good hose down and melty-wax now.

Phew!

C.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Not putting wax jackets in the washing machine..’ is closed to new replies.