Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)
  • Not paying your TV Licence
  • hora
    Free Member

Reminds me -years ago I had a phone call at work from mrshora

“TV licence man here”

– and dont let him in

“Oh I thought I had to”

– Tell him to eff off

“too late”

FFS 😆

grum
    Free Member

I’ve never experienced it personally, but honestly, how bad is this “harassment” ??
    They send you a letter every now and then, which you throw in the bin.

They sent my wife’s elderly grandma several harshly worded letters threatening criminal prosecution, even though she has a TV license. She was extremely worried/upset.

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

I’ve never experienced it personally, but honestly, how bad is this “harassment” ??
    They send you a letter every now and then, which you throw in the bin.

Then they send a big bloke like thesanityassassin.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I rented my house out to some tenants and as it was my “home” previously it was still in my name. Tenants moved in, didn’d pay the licence for the year they were there, I cancelled my DD, a year later I got a knock at the door from the TV licencing people asking for a whole years payment.. I told them to take a small hike. A week later i got a nasty letter from them, I challenged it, it asked for all sorts of tenants details etc. that I wasn’t about to divulge.. upshot was I got a fine!! Gits.
    However I do think BBC4 and on occasion BBC2 is well worth the fee.

nealglover
    Free Member

I rented my house out to some tenants

Was it furnished (did you provide a TV?)

If so then it was your responsibility to pay for the license.

If not, why would you pay someone else’s fine. Seems mad to me.

6079smithw
    Free Member

Everyone should stop paying the illegal TV Licence.
    The BBC has shown itself to actively harbour paedophiles. That should be enough to make them undeserving of your cash, nevermind the hugely biased ‘news’ that’s nothing short of propaganda, their acceptance of money from other sources and the disgusting bullying tactics of their fee collectors.

redpanda
    Free Member

Isn’t it about time the BBC got with the times, and offered subscription packages like Sky do? IE; ‘full’ package which covers everything, or basic packages with sport, music, drama etc ‘add ons’.

That would offer far better viewer choice, and far better value for money. Don’t want to watch particular things? Don’t pay for them. Being told to cough up £150 for a load of stuff you’ll never watch/listen to is just extortionate.

As for crap like Celebrities Cum Dancing etc; using advertising to pay for the content production would be great; audiences of such dross don’t have long attention spans anyway, and ads would break things down into manageable chunks for them. 🙂

hammyuk
    Free Member

If you pay for Sky/Virgin/Talktalk then why should you have to pay the BBC for delivering the service?
    It’s Sky/Virgin/Talktalk who are and surely part of the fees you pay them covers your “fee” to the BBC..

nealglover
    Free Member

If you pay for Sky/Virgin/Talktalk then why should you have to pay the BBC for delivering the service?

To make the programs.

It’s Sky/Virgin/Talktalk who are and surely part of the fees you pay them covers your “fee” to the BBC..

Exactly the opposite in fact.

Nothing you pay Sky goes to the BBC.

But the BBC pay Sky £5M per year retransmit BBC content over the Sky Network.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Nope, provided the property “unfurnished”

Never mind, it’s gone now, so too the tenants.. 😀

nealglover
    Free Member

Can’t see any reason why you would have chosen to pay a fine for someone else in that case.

Unless you didn’t want to attract attention because you were renting the house out “unofficially” without changing to the right sort of Mortgage/Insurance etc and not declaring the income 😉

redpanda
    Free Member

You rolled over and paid a fine? Why? What evidence did they have of you watching tv without a licence? It’s the responsibility of the tenant to pay for a licence, not the property owner.

Sounds like you were done over mate. i’d have told them to do one.

You need to make sure that the property is covered by a valid TV Licence if you have provided a means for your tenants to watch or record television programmes as they’re being shown on TV. This includes the use of devices such as a TV, computer, mobile phone, games console, digital box or DVD/VHS recorder.
    The TV Licence is your responsibility if you installed the TV, unless the tenancy agreement specifies that it’s the tenants’ responsibility.

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one/business-and-organisations/residential-landlords-aud15/

Nope, provided the property “unfurnished”

Yep. You were done over. Should have gone to SpecSavers.

Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘Not paying your TV Licence’ is closed to new replies.