• This topic has 22 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Not only Saville at the BBC
  • alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Seems to be a few Guardian readers on this forum, and John Peel fans.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/1999/jan/23/weekend.julieburchill?fb=native&CMP=FBCNETTXT9038

Rubber_Buccaneer

Go on, give me the short version of what your point is. I’m too lazy to read the whole of that article from 1999.

wwaswas

I can’t work out what the connection with JS is either. Someone was tweeting this link earlier.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Peel told the Guardian in 1975. “Girls,” he said to the Sunday Correspondent in 1989, “used to queue up outside oral sex they were particularly keen on, I remember one of my regular customers, as it were, turned out to be 13, though she looked older.”

This was the Sixties. Fleeing America after the authorities quite rightly objected to him having sex with young teenage girls, Peel was joined by his wife, Shirley, a Texan girl, who was 15 when he married her.

binners

Hmmmmmm. It seems that this would involve reading something Julie Birchall wrote. And frankly I’d rather spend the rest of my days watching back-to-back Adam Sandler films, while simultaneously being endlessly questioned by Piers Morgan about the ‘plot’

warton
    Free Member

the main difference between this and JS is there are no women saying JP raped them when they were teenagers.

so a massive difference

ourmaninthenorth

Julie makes a good point.

Given the references in his autobiography to abusive sexual encounters he had at school (not uncommon in British boarding schools then, we are lead to believe) and his rape by an older boy, it doesn’t surprise me his otherwise reasonable exterior may have hidden a more complex character.

But getting head off a 13 year old girl is poor form* by anyone’s standards.

*As Gorgeous George might put it.

nicko74

I struggle with long sentences, so toxic, thanks for the summary.

“Julie makes a good point” – ish, I guess, although it’s a matter of opinion.
    But binners makes a better one

frankly I’d rather spend the rest of my days watching back-to-back Adam Sandler films, while simultaneously being endlessly questioned by Piers Morgan about the ‘plot’

As long as he’s not including Punch Drunk Love in there, as, while not good, it’s more interesting than the other dross Sandler’s churned out.

bullheart
    Free Member

Whhhhhhaaaaaaat?

C’mon man, Happy Gilmour is a blinder!!!

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

If the lyrics of the likes of Led Zep etc are anything to go by, it wouldn’t surprise me if most of the rock/pop industry in the 60’s and 70’s were/are guilty of underage sex and I dare say a fair few other ‘celebs’ of that time as well.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

You might want to aquaint yourself with international ages of consent, and remind yourelf of what the age limit used to be here before the outrage over 13 year old prositutes had it raised to the current one.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

how old was PP when Elvis started dating her? 13/14? Was there a tide of outrage in the UK?

eddie11
    Free Member

When I first heard the saville news I did wonder what the guys at planet x/ on one think if their recently acquired collection of his old bikes now. Can’t imagine they’ve appreciated since then…

martinxyz
    Free Member

10 point question:

Who sang a song with the line.. ‘If I played guitar I’d be Jimmy Page/The girlies I like are underage Check it! Girls with boyfriends are the kind I like/I’ll steal your honey like I stole your bike’

Top.Dog
    Free Member

Beastie Boys

martinxyz
    Free Member

Dix points de

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

TuckerUK – Member
    You might want to aquaint yourself with international ages of consent, and remind yourelf of what the age limit used to be here before the outrage over 13 year old prositutes had it raised to the current one.

So how long ado was there legal 13 year old prostitutes ?
    Was this when before homosexual acts were banned and the death penalty was still an option. Laws and attitudes change, what might have been acceptable in the past is not now. It have been the done thing to get a BJ of someone just starting high school back in the day. But it seems quite repulsive to me now.
    Just because something is on offer you do not make it to accept it IMO.

yunki
    Free Member

it’s like the Freddy Royle character in Irvine Welsh’s Ecstacy all over again..

Freddy Royle had had, by his standards, a tiring day prior to his late afternoon arrival at St. Hubbins. He had been in the television studios all morning filming an episode of From Fred With Love. A young boy, whom Fred had sorted out to swim with the dolphins at Morcambe’s Marineland, while his grandparents were brought back to the scene of their honeymoon, was all excited in the studio and writhed around on his lap, getting Freddy so aroused and excited that they had to do several takes. -Oi loike em still, he said, -very, very still. Barry, the producer, was not at all amused. -In the name of God, Freddy, take the rest of the flipping afternoon off and go to the hospital and shag a stiff, he moaned. -Let’s see if we can dampen that bloody libido of yours.

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

yunki – Member
    it’s like the Freddy Royle character in Irvine Welsh’s Ecstacy all over again..

Freddy Royle had had, by his standards, a tiring day prior to his late afternoon arrival at St. Hubbins. He had been in the television studios all morning filming an episode of From Fred With Love. A young boy, whom Fred had sorted out to swim with the dolphins at Morcambe’s Marineland, while his grandparents were brought back to the scene of their honeymoon, was all excited in the studio and writhed around on his lap, getting Freddy so aroused and excited that they had to do several takes. -Oi loike em still, he said, -very, very still. Barry, the producer, was not at all amused. -In the name of God, Freddy, take the rest of the flipping afternoon off and go to the hospital and shag a stiff, he moaned. -Let’s see if we can dampen that bloody libido of yours.

I had forgotten about this. Well remembered.

BermBandit
    Free Member

I know its wikipedia, but I’ll admit to being stunned by this on the ages of consent in Europe.

DezB
    Free Member

Shitty old piece of vitriol by Julie ‘I’ve always loathed John Peel’ Burchill, written in 1999, dragged up for what?

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

E@WelshIrvine: I think people have to realize that working in the ‘entertainment industry’ or being an ‘artist’ is not a license to nonce.

DezB
    Free Member

I think people have to realize that working in the ‘entertainment industry’ or being an ‘artist’ is not a license to nonce

Good luck with that campaign.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Not only Saville at the BBC’ is closed to new replies.