Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Not needing a new bike
  • Candodavid
    Free Member

Had my current bikes nearly 3 years now, not even getting an urge to look at anything to replace them
    1 is the quarterhorse the other is a tallboy ltc.
    Am I not well? Or have I peaked too early, I’m 44 now, surely there should be more of an urge for new shiny, but these 2 are just perfect for me.
    Anyone else feeling this way?

singlecrack
    Free Member

Clink will be along in a minute to agree. …

singlespeedstu

You could always try some different wheels in your QH. 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Candodavid
    Free Member

SSStu. All 29 now, except the fatbike don’t want to muddy the garage with odd tyres really

BigDummy
    Free Member

That’s good going, chapeau.

🙂

tomhoward

Sorry, for a second there, it reads like you no longer have your Curtis that I have lusted over many a time, surely you haven’t moved that on??

JoeG
    Free Member

Get yourself some retrobikes! 😮

Candodavid
    Free Member

Curtis XC9 is still there, as is the 26 853 SS version, Ritchey Swiss Cross, Kona Honky Tonk and Puffin

Swiss Cross is up for sale though, as is Puffin

rOcKeTdOg

2 bikes? Do you ride them at the same time?* You need to downsize

*© my dad, back in the day

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I have a FS, a hybrid and a Bad Boy SS. I really really want a new bike, have no budget restriction but really can’t think of any riding I do not covered by the above 3.
    First world problems eh?

Bregante

You see , I read this

Had my current bikes nearly 3 years now, not even getting an urge to look at anything to replace them
    1 is the quarterhorse the other is a tallboy ltc.

And I thought, “well done – that’s very impressive. What a remarkable show of self restraint”.

But then you chuck this in.

Curtis XC9 is still there, as is the 26 853 SS version, Ritchey Swiss Cross, Kona Honky Tonk and Puffin

And I thought ” go **** yourself you smug git”

😀

*i’ve also been a long time admirer of that lovely Curtis…

Candodavid
    Free Member

Bregante, the Puffin is the most recent, everything else has been bought, and enjoyed, don’t feel like selling them.
    Both Curtis still have a special meaning as my now deceased wife helped pay for them, they’re going nowhere

Bregante

Only pulling your leg mate. It’s a lovely collection of Bikes and I can’t think of a better reason in the world for wanting to hang on to a bike.

m360
    Free Member

That’s good, it means that you made the right choice when you bought them 8)

I’ve had my bike for over ten years now and have no desire to change it at all (and I’m a bit younger than you). No need to get sucked into this yearly “upgrade” or n+1 crap!

amedias
    Free Member

I have too many bikes, most of them are old, between 20-10 years old, but still get used, main ones are in the 3-5 year old camp, the only ‘new’ one is my commuter/town bike/tourer.

I still want more bikes.

anniison
    Free Member

I don’t need a new bike, I love the hardtail and full suss I have, they’re so much fun. Test riding something new at the weekend regardless, because it’s carbon and priddy, and I want, want, want!!

molgrips
    Free Member

Am I not well?

Until last November I had 5 bikes all 7.5 years old. I bought a new frameset and put as many old bits on it as I could from one of them so although it’s a new frame it’s got 8 year old 3×9, Hope brakes, saddle and seatpost on it.

I love them all.

You’re fine, you don’t need new shit all the time.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Not needing a new bike’ is closed to new replies.