Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Not long to wait now…
  • CountZero

[/url] image by CountZero1, on Flickr[/img]

😉 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

you paid £145 to see her?

Really

Not a troll or anything I am just surprised that it is that much for one artist

Jamie
    Free Member

Adrian Hitler?

*squints*

Ahhh. Hillier.

matt_outandabout

£145 * 3 to be precise. 😯

CountZero

It’s certainly far more than I’d ever think of paying for most, generally I don’t go above £50, £35 being the general maximum.
    However, Kate hasn’t played live for 35 years, and there’s no guarantee that she’ll ever play live again.
    It’s a lot of money, but people will pay that, and more, to see a footy game, and it’s not unusual to pay that for an opera in London.
    One of the friends coming with me has been a life-long fan, she’s 30, so has obviously never had a chance to see her, and I missed getting tickets for her first and only tour, so we’re making the most of her string of concerts.
    Seats are five rows back, dead centre, so better than I could have possibly hoped for when I spent twenty minutes online trying to get them.
    About the only other artist I’d consider paying that for, and that’s Joni Mitchell; the chance of her ever performing live now is pretty much non-existent, so I’m safe.

chewkw
    Free Member

Crikey … how much?

Your money so enjoy.

😀

Jamie
    Free Member

I’d be more pissed off at the £10.50 booking/handling fee, than the £135.

Harry_the_Spider

Running Up That HBill?

Kuco

Lucky git, enjoy 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

HPounds Of Love.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

£135?!? Sheesh. That’s expensive! It’d have to be a JLS comeback to make me pay that kind of money. Enjoy. I’m sure it’ll have been worth every penny once you’ve been.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

How much for the ticket artwork?

Pounds Of Love.

chewkw
    Free Member

I think the maximum amount I spent for a live concert was £20 and that was doing a friend a favour to accompany him to Robert Plant’s (that bloke from Led Zeppelin) concert in Birmingham NEC in the early 89. I mean the way that bloke move while singing was like a snake … eeeww … What a torture … the supporting band was a lady called Alannah Myles who was famous for singing Black Velvet. Think she was wearing cat suit while singing so I was ogling her rather than her song.

The whole thing was very loud … ffs … why don’t they turn down the volume a bit.

Then another friend asked me for a favour to accompany him to Metalica’s concert at London Wembley. FFS! They were loud! Can’t they not shout or head bangs? But fun to look at coz they are funny … so are the audience banging their heads. 😆

That’s it no more concert for me as I have had enough … errmm … but again I was dragged to a theater play (Blues brothers and that bloke Huggy Bear) by a mate because the wife did not want to go … ffs! Two blokes at a theater. What a torture.

Anyway … how you guys enjoy those stuff I don’t know. 😯

edit: All of them can sing and their sound systems were very good … I would rather sit down with them for a cup of coffee then listening to them singing …

richmars

I’m with CZ here.
    May never happen again, therefore worth the risk that the reason she doesn’t play live is that she’s no good. I don’t think that will happen, wish I was going.

CountZero

Just to put the ticket price into perspective, here’s the ticket prices for the Belgian F1 Grand Prix:
    http://www.bookf1.com/f1-belgium/tickets.htm

I think the maximum amount I spent for a live concert was £20 and that was doing a friend a favour to accompany him to Robert Plant’s (that bloke from Led Zeppelin) concert in Birmingham NEC in the early 89. I mean the way that bloke move while singing was like a snake … eeeww … What a torture … the supporting band was a lady called Alannah Myles who was famous for singing Black Velvet. Think she was wearing cat suit while singing so I was ogling her rather than her song.

The whole thing was very loud … ffs … why don’t they turn down the volume a bit.

Then another friend asked me for a favour to accompany him to Metalica’s concert at London Wembley. FFS! They were loud! Can’t they not shout or head bangs? But fun to look at coz they are funny … so are the audience banging their heads.

That’s it no more concert for me as I have had enough … errmm … but again I was dragged to a theater play (Blues brothers and that bloke Huggy Bear) by a mate because the wife did not want to go … ffs! Two blokes at a theater. What a torture.

Anyway … how you guys enjoy those stuff I don’t know.
    Very, very easily. It’s the experience of actually seeing the artist/artists who’s music you really love, performing right in front of you. And in some instances, actually getting getting to meet the artist after the gig, and getting things like CD’s, vinyl albums and set-lists signed.
    And I wear ear protection as well.
    I was also at that Robert Plant concert too.
    I also saw Led Zeppelin at Earle’s Court in London, on the Physical Graffiti Tour.
    Tickets for that were £2.50…
    Times have changed somewhat.
    But even small venues can charge up around £18-20 these days, I can’t afford to do 39 concerts a year, like I did back in the 90’s.

Jamie – Freeloader!
    I’d be more pissed off at the £10.50 booking/handling fee, than the £135.

Yeah, well, it does stick in the throat somewhat, but when you get shafted for £5 handling on a thirty quid ticket it’s even more galling!

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

£145 hahahaha !!

RustySpanner

CountZero – Member
    And I wear ear protection as well.

What are you using?

I find the standard foam plugs remove all the top end as well as reducing volume.

And well done on getting tickets, not at all jealous, oh no….. 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

But even small venues can charge up around £18-20 these days

Paid £11 for my last ticket. Gig’s in November and pretty excited about it. Can’t imagine paying over 10X that amount to see a hasbeen.
    Each to their own eh 😆

noteeth
    Free Member

Crikey … how much?

Where is Crikey these days, anyway? ❓

As for Kate Bush: I could listen to the extended mix of Running Up That Hill forever.

slowoldman

Hell fire. And they say opera is elitist.

rOcKeTdOg

my last 3 gigs were free, with free beer too, but i was there to take photos for the promoter 8)

Jamie
    Free Member

Paid £11 for my last ticket.

Well done. Have a cookie.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

There are tickets available now that they must be getting back off the touts, I really want to see her but I’m not paying the current asking price of £424.50, same ticket as above with a food hamper and a program.

Bloody rip off, but I would pay £135.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

However, Kate hasn’t played live for 35 years, and there’s no guarantee that she’ll ever play live again.

Let’s hope she can still warble.

Pigface
    Free Member

Enjoy the gig she is a bit special.

CountZero

that amount to see a hasbeen.

Really?
    🙄

JohnClimber – Member
    There are tickets available now that they must be getting back off the touts, I really want to see her but I’m not paying the current asking price of £424.50, same ticket as above with a food hamper and a program.

Bloody rip off, but I would pay £135.
    The thing is, as can be seen on the ticket, the person who paid’s name is on the ticket, and everyone with a ticket with that person’s name on has to be with them when they go in, as ID has to be presented by the original buyer.
    I quite agree with you, if I hadn’t managed to get mine, and I was lucky, I had a 48-hour pre-sale code, there’s no way I would, or actually could, have paid any more.
    Pretty much a one-off for me, although I might, just possibly, pay the same if Zeppelin did get back together.
    But I have seen them before, at their peak, so pretty unlikely.
    And I really cannot, off the top of my head, think of another artist I’d ever pay mor than £75 to see.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Not long to wait now…’ is closed to new replies.