Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Not just volunteer trail builders who have problems with unauthorised riders…
  • stumpyjon
    bruneep

Essex Police said the Hadleigh Farm track could be dangerous to members of the public as it has been designed to international competition standards.

🙄

If I can do Fort William, I’m sure I could handle the BIG hills of Essex

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

No-one has as yet been spotted using the track without permission.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

I notice the report, or Essex police don’t mention in any way what laws would be broken by somebody who did use the track without permission, or what powers police would have to deal with them…

funny that innit 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

A police spokeswoman said that the warning was prompted by concern that the school holidays were coming up and children might be tempted to use the course

yes we could ride but some kids on a Halfords special egged on by their mates ..it is not hard to see what might happen. Perhaps they are worried an injured kid will sue them.
    I could also ride fort William but I would not take a noob down it on a useless bike.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Could we assume the stated reason is a slight red herring, possibly more likely the land owner, BOC and/or BC just don’t want it messed with by kids or anyone else (justified prehaps, but why not be honest). Is it officially open to ride by anyone at all?

Northwind

So is it the only thing in the country that could possibly be dangerous if idiot kids try to ride it? I managed to mess myself up well enough as a kid by riding off walls and into dry riverbeds and suchlike, maybe they should put up a story regarding the perils of the world in general.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I think they’ve missed the real reason no one is riding it and it’s nothing to do with the police.

user-removed
    Free Member

yes we could ride but some kids on a Halfords special egged on by their mates ..

I’m regularly shown up by fearless young louts on stolen Halfords bikes 🙁

EDIT: actually, I own a Halfords bike (Boardman) 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

So is it the only thing in the country that could possibly be dangerous if idiot kids try to ride it?

of course not but I am sure they discourage other foolish acts that children may do.
    We do grade MTB runs I assume there is a “danger” reason for this.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Not just volunteer trail builders who have problems with unauthorised riders…’ is closed to new replies.