Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Not just bikers getting run off the roads horse content!
  • postierich
    Free Member

Saw this on my Facebook feed quite shocking, I was a victim off a hit and run on my post round this weekend hit whilst waiting to get in my van, no injuries and they had a smashed left wing mirror got there reg number and witness statement Police did not seemed interested according to my manager 🙁
    http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/shocking-moment-horse-riders-hit-12690909

Wookster

I’d say that would have killed a bike rider. Glad no serious injuries reported. The driver should be in court for dangerous driving.

Murray

Driver is astoundingly luck there wasn’t a skip lorry there instead of a horse 🙁

Northwind

Bloody hell… Pure luck the second horse had pulled in, too.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

wtf! that is just crazy.

I’m surprised it wasn’t worse than that.

oink1
    Free Member

Poor dobbins! 😯

singlespeedstu

Anyone that pays that little attention to actually driving should never be allowed to drive a car again.

devash
    Free Member

Anyone that pays that little attention to actually driving should never be allowed to drive a car again.

Absolutely. 1 year ban and mandatory retest at the very minimum. License revoked permanently if it was some old dodderer losing conciousness at the wheel.

stumpy01

Was going way too fast and understeered like buggery in the wet….idiotic driving…

It wasn’t clear to me what the injuries were, but looked like it could have been worse than it was…

As above, the driver was very lucky there wasn’t a skip lorry/hgv etc. inn the way…

Northwind

This sounds like a job for the STW Accident Police… I’m pretty sure the rear of the car’s sliding at about 33 seconds, the direction of travel looks wrong. You can’t really see but that’d tie in nicely with sliding the front out of the corner. So rather than inattention I think the driver’s gone too fast for the conditions/otherwise lost traction and pushed the car out of lane, rather than just blundering into them while in control.

This isn’t better, obvs.

gauss1777
    Free Member

He or she probably thought they were driving to the conditions.

Shocking video.

Klunk
    Free Member

That’s why I don’t ride on the road in the wet.

orangeboy
    Free Member

That’s crazy , and very scary.
    Most of my issues with cars are close passes or pulling out when it’s my right of way but bugger all you can do when faced with that Richard

funkmasterp

Bloody hell 😯 that was crazy. Very bad driving and nothing the riders could do. Hope the horse isn’t destined for the glue factory.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Vet fees will make a personal injury claim look look tiny

DezB
    Free Member

Horrible stuff.

Nearly got wiped out by a van on Friday going to fast in the wet. If I hadn’t seen the bastard coming and slowed down, I think I’d be dead. Got it on video, but not sure whether to report it or not.

SaxonRider

Got it on video, but not sure whether to report it or not.

What?!? Why not?

DezB
    Free Member

Well, cos I avoided it, nothing happens! Hants police are bad enough when something happens!

belugabob
    Free Member

This reinforces my belief that there isn’t a driver’s vs cyclists issue, but an idiots vs decent people issue.

So rather than inattention I think the driver’s gone too fast for the conditions

The two things are the same – pay attention to the conditions, and drive accordingly

cookeaa

This sounds like a job for the STW Accident Police… I’m pretty sure the rear of the car’s sliding at about 33 seconds, the direction of travel looks wrong. You can’t really see but that’d tie in nicely with sliding the front out of the corner. So rather than inattention I think the driver’s gone too fast for the conditions/otherwise lost traction and pushed the car out of lane, rather than just blundering into them while in control.

This isn’t better, obvs.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the excess speed and loss of control were due to inattention caused by mobile phone use…

#STW extrapolation squad…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Not just bikers getting run off the roads horse content!’ is closed to new replies.