• This topic has 29 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by core.
Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Not just a sprain then!
  • hanchurch
    Free Member

So my “sprained” elbow turns out to be a”Type III Radial Head Fracture of the Elbow”!

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Type III fractures have multiple broken pieces of bone which cannot be put back together for healing.

In most Type III radial head fractures, there is also significant damage to the elbow joint and the ligaments that surround the elbow.
    Surgery is always required to either fix or remove the broken pieces of bone and repair the soft-tissue damage. If the damage is severe, the entire radial head may need to be removed. In some cases, an artificial radial head may be placed to improve long-term function.
    Early movement to stretch and bend the elbow is necessary to avoid stiffness.

jekkyl

Sorry to hear about your injury mate. From Stoke by any chance?

hanchurch
    Free Member

The op on Saturday, advice to anyone don’t fall off and bend your elbow the wrong way, then leave it 6 days because “it’s only a sprain”.

madjak
    Free Member

My slightly sore shoulder turned out to be a type 3 AC dislocation. As it turned out…

Good luck dude, feel for you.

hanchurch
    Free Member

Yes but in yorkshire now! I used to ride round hanchurch woods 20 years ago.

jamj1974

Good luck OP.

hanchurch
    Free Member

Surgery in the morning, well looking forward to it!

I_Ache
    Free Member

I will you’re pain op. My sprained ankle turned out to be broken when a proper Dr looked at it 5 months later. I’m currently in a cast after my second operation 2.5 years after I broke it.

Hope the op goes well for you and you fully recover.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Been in the just sprain club, turned out to be knee ligament damage and a fracture was slapped in a cast 6 weeks after the sprain!

Good luck with Surgery, enjoy the propofol and Fentanyl. And the post op delirium

shermer75
    Free Member

Good luck OP!

oldnick

My ‘sprained’ right ankle turned out to be a broken fibula, only found out after driving the 8 miles to the auto electrician though and then popping into A&E as it was nearby.

Admittedly braking was painful 😯

Good luck OP 🙂

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Sprained wrist turned into a broken scaphoid!

neilwheel
    Free Member

Heal well broken people.

hanchurch
    Free Member

hanchurch
    Free Member

Finally got a copy of my X-Ray!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Hows the healing / what’s the prognosis?

deadkenny
    Free Member

Makes me worried about my twisted / strained foot that I’m still just dismissing 🙁 http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/bike-injuries-twisted-feet

It’s improving and fine for riding but things aren’t perfect and still a slightly more prominent bony bit on that foot compared to the other but feel it may have always been that way. I just fear I’ll get it looked at and end up in a cast just as I’m supposed to be off skiing.

Northwind

Are you Bono?

hanchurch
    Free Member

I’m back to see the surgeon on Wednesday, then should be able to start physio. The rotation and movement is getting better. The main question is when can I get back on the bike!

hanchurch
    Free Member

Bono, I can play the guitar better than him (now)!

hanchurch
    Free Member

Deadkenny, probably should get it x-rayed, I went when my wife refused to help get dressed (could not do it myself with a broken arm) until I went to the hospital!

hanchurch
    Free Member

I got more X-Rays today the first is before, with bits of bone everywhere. The others after now it’s fixed.

hanchurch
    Free Member

I was planning my first ride after the arm incident tomorrow but I’ve got 2″ of snow here!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

At least it will be a softer landing!

hanchurch
    Free Member

So I went for my first ride this morning since the whole arm incident and my freehub died 10 miles in, is a good job mrs Hanchurch was at the end of a phone to rescue me!

nickname
    Free Member

I’m sitting here with a broken olecranon and a broken collarbone… got another 3 weeks in a cast on the arm…but getting on the turbo now. Bleh it’s so annoying, looking forward to the painful physio 🙂

hanchurch
    Free Member

Got my appointment to have the pins and plate removed and the scar tissue that is restricting rotation cut out, fun times.

hanchurch
    Free Member

Round two tomorrow

core

Sprained wrist in school during a rugby training session, turned out the next day to be a break, 6 weeks in plaster, but not before the school receptionist had rubbed some cream into said wrist, IT teacher’s son had walked into said wrist, I’d kneed him in the nuts & got suspended, nice kid I was….. (suspension was revoked).

Second time playing indoor football, carried on for a few games after I’d ‘sprained’ my wrist, nearly won the tournament. I knew the pain from the time before, turned out to be scaphoid.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Not just a sprain then!’ is closed to new replies.