• This topic has 46 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Bazz.
Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Not innocent enough…
  • kimbers

hard to know what to think

there was a lot of BS in the media about him having a shrine to jill dando in his home etc, but as we all know the tabloids (and their bribes to police) make it impossible to trust a word they print

friend of mine whos a copper was absolutely adamant that he was guilty

Junkyard
    Free Member

It’s an interesting theory (see what I did there) but our stats would suggest not.

Yes but he made you look 😉

You might want to look up the definition of ‘thick’ buddy. And a little tip I learnt when I was seven; best not to be cocky when you’re in the wrong.

Whilst busy gloating to yourself you may wish to look at the fact that after the conviction was quashed he was then retried for the offence and found not guilty
    I think this answers your original two questions

Um, where does it say he
    A: Didn’t commit the crime?

and/or

B: Wasn’t the actual killer?

Cougar

Yes but he made you look

No arguments with that, it’s always helpful and the detective work is fun.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Cougar, you are Edward Snowden and I claim my fighter jet interception, incarceration and 2nd nobel peace prize/ Gary Lineker lookalike badge

Northwind

The argument is that though the conviction was wrong, it wasn’t unreasonable- there wasn’t a perversion of justice etc.

I don’t buy that as a reason not to compensate, myself- sure, a wrongful conviction isn’t as “bad” as a false one but the result is the same, time wrongly spent in jail. That’s properly life-changing, life-ruining in fact. You can’t fix it, but the least you can do is try.

The fact that he’s a wrong ‘un doesn’t come into it in the slightest, IMO.

I think it was the Mary Whitehouse Experience that suggested if you wrongly serve time, you should be given a shopping list of offences and tariffs and be allowed to commit offences up to the value of your time served…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

…. the detective work is fun

Still keeping an eye out for kaesae and his unorthodox views ?

Bazz

TuckerUK,

Apologies for implying you were “thick”, i was in a bad mood yesterday and should have avoided the troll house, with hindsight i realise that what i posted was over the top and quite inflammatory.

I still think you were trolling or trying to start an un-necessary argument.

Don’t call me “buddy” i’m not and wouldn’t be.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Not innocent enough…’ is closed to new replies.