Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Not Impressed
  • patriotpro
    Free Member

Just rounded the top shock mount bolt-head off so as it stands I have a permanently mounted RP2 shock 😳

Any one else done it before? How did you sort it??

SOS please.

LoCo
    Free Member

Imperial allen key, ‘helped’ to fit,
    or
    Torx key, tapped in.
    or
    Drill and ez outed,
    or
    Drill out.

It may be thread locked so some heat my break down the bond and help it move before carrying out any of the above, also try tightening a tiny bit to see if you can get it to release a bit easier.

mikey74
    Free Member

Is the head flush, or slightly projecting? If the latter take a small hacksaw and cut a slot in the top and use a flat-headed screwdriver to undo it.

LoCo
    Free Member

I’d try Mikey74’s suggestion after the imperial allen and torx key efforts as it can end up with shearing one side of the head off/catching the frame with the hacksaw 😯

mikey74
    Free Member

I’d try Mikey74’s suggestion after the imperial allen and torx key efforts as it can end up with shearing one side of the head off/catching the frame with the hacksaw

I’ve done it with a number of bolts and never had an issue, but it does depend on what the bolt is made of. I have found it doesn’t have to be that deep; just enough to allow you to get purchase with a screwdriver.

I would concur with LoCo and try the non-destructive options first.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Cheers guys, plenty to go at there. I’ve got an EZ out some where…

patriotpro
    Free Member

Right, managed to get the EZ out but locked, just waiting for the drill to charge.

Do you know what size bolt I need? RP2 shock on an 09 Pitch. And where to buy?

Cheers.

d45yth
    Free Member

Unless you go to your local hardware store, have you thought of trying a shop that sells Specialized?

patriotpro
    Free Member

D45yth – just remember without people like me smart-arses like you wouldn’t get to feel so superior.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

D45yth – just remember without people like me smart-arses like you wouldn’t get to feel so superior.

Ha ha ha ha love this ^

d45yth
    Free Member

😀

patriotpro
    Free Member

Anyone? Can only find full bolt kits in the region of £40 😯

I mean I’m all for enterprise but I only need the one bolt…

d45yth
    Free Member

I definitely have too much time on my hands…

tazzymtb

have you thought about riding rigid singlespeed? it suits ham fisted spanner money like you. 😆

khani
    Free Member
    mikey74
    Free Member

Have you looked on BETD?

Linky

patriotpro
    Free Member

Tazzy – ss might not be a bad idea, would certainly be less hassle.

Khani – looks like the ones, cheers.

Mikey – I did try betd, they only do the kits, as do Specialized dealers, but cheers all the same.

D45yth – that table is a nerd-fest (in a good way). 8) Thanks!

😀

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Not Impressed’ is closed to new replies.