Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Not had a Jedi thread for a while… so…
  • lowey

I’ve spent a shit load of cash on bikes and bike bits in the last 30 years Ive been riding.

So why has it not been shiningly obvious to me to spend a modest amount and go and see a pro.

Had a great day with Tony on Friday. 30 years of bad habits were corrected within minutes and his guidance and gentle advice had me, the lord of reverse air time, clearing 7′ gap jumps and understanding why I haven’t been able to corner properly since forever.

Do it people. Forget new shiney expensive gear.. go see Tony for a day. It was like a day riding with an old mate.

Best damn upgrade I ever bought.
    Jedi.

twistedpencil

Booked in for the end of June, looking forward to having my riding techniques disassembled and rebuilt, I know I have lots of minor ticks that need ironing out.

jedi

Thanks for your kind words lowey. Took us twelve years to actually meet in person eh 🙂

wwaswas

I’m booked in for next Friday with the 2nd Brighton lot. Looking forward to it but a bit nervous too.

What bike to be jedi’d on – 29er hardtail or FS Fat Bike?

Wookster

Wwaswas it won’t matter!

muggomagic

Totally agree.
    We were there the day before you Lowey and it was brilliant. The biggest thing I found was that it was so straightforward. Skills courses I’ve been on elsewhere I was totally overloaded with trying to do everything that it becomes a total head ****.

Brighton MTB part 1

Had my first ride since the session today and at the start it was a complete nightmare of me trying to remember what I’d learnt and being caught somewhere inbetween what I used to do and what i know I should be doing.
    Soon got the hang of it though and cornering and being more central (rather than hanging off the back) I could really feel the improvement in grip and was carrying more speed. Drops and jumps were so much easier too.
    I’ve managed to get myself on another course with Tony this week. Can’t wait.

wwaswas
    Use the bike you would normally ride (not such an easy choice for someone with as many bikes as you have though 🙂 )

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I need to get myself down there..
    Looked a great day out!

tpbiker
    Free Member

If the inconsiderate sod didn’t live so far away from me i’d be organising a session in a flash! Anyone who can tell me how to corner properly without falling off is worth his weight in gold!

So whats the secret, or are you sworn to secrecy?

andyl
    Free Member

Really, really NEED to book a session with Jedi for myself and a friend this year but need to get some riding in and get fit first.

graemecsl
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member
    I’m booked in for next Friday with the 2nd Brighton lot. Looking forward to it but a bit nervous too.

What bike to be jedi’d on – 29er hardtail or FS Fat Bike?

Take something with 26″ wheels then act really surprised when you see his 650b setup, then tut tut and say how surprised you were he’s sold out. 😉

jedi

Lol

maxtorque

Then snap his maxle to show your disapproval for his 27.5″ wheels……

(sorry Tony……. :mrgreen: )

jedi

You’re forgiven. Was fun to ride with you and the other guys

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I need to get a session too, my apprehension approaching an unknown double is really starting to piss me off tbh. Was sat behind a couple of mates on Matador yesterday, and as soon as we hit the doubles I’m left behind.

ulysse
    Free Member

How much are the group sessions?
    My only worry about skills training would be about my lack of fitness holding others in the group back!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

How much are the group sessions?

I’ve done a group session, wouldn’t do one again, if there’s a needy selfish type in the group, that buggers up yer day.

muggomagic

The group session works fine with Tony. Everyone is told and shown what they need to do beforehand then you have a go. You’re riding/pushing up while others are taking their go and as you’re going past Tony gives you a few pointers etc then it’s your turn again.

muggomagic

2nd session with Tony in a week for me. What a cracking day.
    Tony got me doing stuff on my bike that I never imagined I’d be able to do. I was so pleased with it. Best bit for me though was to see the progression of my mates through the day and see them having as much of a blast as I was.
    Tony really does have the best job. I guess that it helps that he’s bloody good at it.

Brighton MTB Part2

Junkyard
    Free Member

if there’s a needy selfish type in the group, that buggers up yer day.

note to self check if any other STW is on the group day 😉

tpbiker
    Free Member

Maybe all us northerners should club together and get him posted up here for a session. I assume hes a bit like the stig right, some weird part man, part machine, part riding god? I have a mental image of him arriving in a crate in his full facer..wheel him out, stick him on his bike and flip the on switch to make the magic happpen…

I’ll be so diappointed if I find out hes just a normal bloke whos good at teaching folks how to ride…

olly2097
    Free Member

He’s a normal bloke.

Need another session with Tony. Found it dead useful. 100% worth it.

tpbiker
    Free Member

He’s a normal bloke

Wasn’t being entirely serious..

jedi

Pmsl at the stig 🙂

TimP
    Free Member

Bring your own tea bags though

jedi

Coffee is where it’s at

juanghia
    Free Member

Pfffft Bullshit.

I just bought some new carbon headset spacers 🙂

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Not had a Jedi thread for a while… so…’ is closed to new replies.