Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Not Good.
  • Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

Message Deleted due to the 2 below twisting. Happy Now? 😕

Jamie
    Free Member

Not being funny, but I do not get posts like this. Yes it is sad that someone has died, as it is when anyone does….with a few exceptions, but does it then need to be re-broadcast on STW?

Just IMHO of course.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Well I want to know for one.

Gary_M
    Free Member

message deleted due to OP being immature.

soobalias
    Free Member

one of the more informative threads.

RIP unknown rider and stay safe everyone else.

sorry if you dont want to know Jamie, must be shocking that there is a world outside of "what steel LTHT" and "what tyres for me"

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I agree with Jamie – I think its abhorrent.

Its like slowing down to gawp at accidents on the motorway.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I guess some folk get this kind of thread and some don't.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

What use is it to post on here? You don't know the rider, it is of no relevance to us, you don't know the circumstances

its pure ghoul!

RealMan
    Free Member

Its like slowing down to gawp at accidents on the motorway.

Well no, cause that causes jams and can cause even more accidents.

Letting people know that a cyclist has died – what's wrong with that? Would we be in a better world if every time a cyclist died, no one cared enough to even mention it? That it was completely ignored?

The accident happened just before 1500 BST on Saturday and the road was closed for just under four hours.

Police are asking witnesses to come forward.

Maybe someone on here might see that, someone who doesn't trawl the BBC news site (I know I don't), and maybe they saw something. I wasn't particularly far away from there on Sunday.

davidmoyesismydad
    Free Member

HANG ON ITS THE TJ POLICE

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Personally, as a bit of a hippy, I see most cyclists as my brethren and I mourn their passing in the hands of lazy planet raping SOB's.

Its not always the case, but yer know, its a forum, you don't have to open the thread.

Jamie
    Free Member

@Realman

I am fairly sure if you did witness something you would know and as a result contact the authorities. If you did and didn't then a police appeal probably would not achieve much.

no one cared enough to even mention it

What is a stranger going to do with that information though? Give some platitudes that ultimately ring hollow and then go about their day without giving it a second thought? This is not to say people will not care. People will care, the poor souls family and friends and probably the professionals who responded to the incident..

I dunno…maybe I am just dead inside.

Anyways….to the OP I was not trying to twist anything purely stating an opinion. You didn't need to nuke your post.

RealMan
    Free Member

I am fairly sure if you did witness something you would know and as a result contact the authorities. If you did and didn't then a police appeal probably would not achieve much.

I was very aware of that fact, but there is still situations where someone may have seen something and not realised it was worth contacting police about. A dented silver Merc driving away, perhaps.

You say a stranger, as no one knows the cyclist – but did you know any of the people who died in Iraq and Afghanistan? Does that mean they're not worth talking about?

I can see your point, but it doesn't make it wrong.

Gary_M
    Free Member

A dented silver Merc driving away, perhaps.

So are you saying it was a hit & run now?

Every post like this on here ends up with people making assumptions, every time.

sofatester
    Free Member

You say a stranger, as no one knows the cyclist – but did you know any of the people who died in Iraq and Afghanistan? Does that mean they're not worth talking about?

+1

Unfortunately most of them are never spoken about. That’s another thread though.

RealMan
    Free Member

So are you saying it was a hit & run now?

No, that was just an example, calm down.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I'm perfectly calm thanks.

Junkyard
    Free Member

anotherdeadhero – Member

I share your pain when a fellow member of the cycling community dies. Threads like this highlight the dangers we face – clearly not you TJ you helmetless non gutter riding undertaking [motor] cycling god for all scenarios- on a regular basis.
    I dont ride at Swinley forest should I post up to complain everytime there is a thread about there or a crash there ? I dont know them and wont ever ride there?

It wont bring the life back TJ but perhaps it makes someone ride more sensibly it will save a life ?

PS you can hardly complain about a STW thread serving no purpose ..have you seen some of the stuff on here 😯

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I'm perfectly calm thanks.

You seem to be rabidly reacting against reminders of your own mortality to me.

Really, its only a bit of a 'man down!'

If you don't care, don't bother reading it. This guff about the thread only being valid if it contains facts and a cornoners report is more about your unrealistic expectations than the spirit in which the thread was engendered.

jimmyshand
    Free Member

There are some things that you should not use to troll and this is one of them. There are several guilty parties in this thread and they are the usual suspects…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Not Good.’ is closed to new replies.