Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Not getting on with a Devinci Dixon, what next? (Nomad, Tracer, etc)
  • dooge
    Free Member

Hey all,

I got back into riding last year from a bit of a break, bought a mk1 Nomad and absolutely loved it but it cracked in an unsual place. I sold it thinking I would get something equally as good. I bought a 2011 Devinci Dixon which looked very promising on paper, the angles and reviews all say its very good and very versatile.

There is nothing wrong with it but I find I dont get on so well with it so I am looking to buy something else. Ideally 150-160mm travel, 26″, can be found for under £600 and not too heavy. I am thinking something along the lines of a Nomad again (They seem rare as hens teeth for frame only) so maybe an Intense Tracer. I also thought about a Lapierre Zesty or Spicy or a Transition Covert.

Who has a Tracer or any of the above and would recommend them? Or anything else that people recommend?

stewartc
    Free Member

but it cracked in an unusual place

is it impolite to ask where, I’m on tenterhooks?

dooge
    Free Member

You can, as it was a mk1 the top tube was two halves welded together. As the tube curves up from the headtube about 2 inches from the gusseting it cracked on the underside. I ended up selling it for sod all, wish I had got it fixed now.

paul123
    Free Member

Why don’t you like it. I have one and really enjoy riding it. Initially it didn’t have enough support at the rear and blew through the travel a bit. I had the shock tuned by adding boost valve pressure and increased the rebound and compression damping from light to firm. That made a big difference.

dooge
    Free Member

Paul, Im not really sure, I cant put my finger on it. I feel very over the front but I have increased stem spacers to push me back. I have fiddled with the rear suspension and my 160mm Lyrics that are fitted but cant get comfortable with it for what I ride.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Not getting on with a Devinci Dixon, what next? (Nomad, Tracer, etc)’ is closed to new replies.